Chapter 113.2 ~ Misteltein (2)

AN: A bit of character development~~~ Ah, how they've grown~  

Hope you guys enjoy this chapter~!!! 

"Thank you very much, Sir Hans, Lady Carla. We shall gratefully accept your offer."

He took Hans hand and shook it. They smiled at each other and this scene wasn't missed by other nobles.

Leon, Crimson Lightning, and Misteltein are now supported by the Lucrious household in addition to the royal family, Perlia, Varya, and many other high ranked noble households. It reassured every and all nobles present that their decision was not mistaken. They are not mistaken for supporting the [Dark Hero], Crimson Lightning, and Misteltein.

Hans and Carla continued talking a little more with Freya and Leon.

Leon told them that Cecily was very gifted in magic and she is one of the candidates he's considering to include in the team for the Royal Academy's annual tournament that will be held in a few months.

"I-Is that true?!"

"Yes. Right now, Ms. Cecily could cast an intermediate ranked spell with a one line chant. She's a very talented young lady and has stood out from the rest of her peers since the first day."

"I see! Thank you very much for guiding her, Leon. To think my daughter could cast an intermediate ranked spell with a line of chant... This is amazing."

"Yes. Thank you very much for teaching my baby, Leon. Really, thank you very much..."

Carla teared up and hugged her husband's arm with a happy smile. Hans smiled and stroked her head lovingly, still feeling very happy and proud for her daughter.

"It is my duty as a teacher to bring out my students' talent, Sir Hans, Lady Carla. Ms. Cecily is naturally gifted in magic, all I did was provide her with a few hints and guidance."

Hans smiled at him helplessly.

"You... are a very humble man aren't you, Leon."

"Eh?"

Leon looked at them slightly surprised.

"Even though you have accomplished many things, incredible things that could be etched into history, you have never, not even once, flaunt your own achievements. Considering all you have done, no one will criticize it if you flaunt them. That is something even an experienced high-ranked noble could rarely do, much less a young man like you. Although I am impressed... I cannot help but feel there is preventing you from even doing as much as taking pride in what you have done. Leon, for the things you have accomplished, you deserve so much more praise."

Hans looked at him in a slightly worried manner.

If Leon was flaunted his achievements, no one would be able to criticize him. After all, considering what he had accomplished, he deserved to be drowned in praise and respect.

Leon stayed silent as he contemplated Hans's words. The reason why he never flaunted his achievements or even so much as becoming overly proud of it was because he had seen a lot of businessmen, people of high ranking, and other successful people fall from grace after standing too high on the pedestal they put themselves on. They became too entitled, negligent, very easily exploited, and arrogant.

He knew that feeling proud for something he achieved wasn't wrong, but maybe unconsciously, he feared if he feels proud for something he achieved, he wouldn't be able to prevent it from letting it go into his head and lead him to his downfall.

Grandeur FantasiaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara