Chapter 108.1 ~ Aftermath

AN: Bought a drawing tablet yesterday. Can't believe my laptop is so old that I can only use photoshop for a few minutes with the drawing tablet before the whole thing shuts down >_< T_T

Hope you guys have a nice week ahead of you and I hope you guys enjoy this chapter~!!!

"Hah... I can't believe you finished all that in a span of less than a night."

"It is as you said, your majesty. All slave traders and mercenaries are captured safely without any casualties on either side. All of them are even still unconscious until now and there weren't any signs of resistance. They are all captured perfectly. Moreover, all 36 slaves are freed and healed back to perfect health. To do all this in such a short amount of time... I don't even know what to make of this."

Arthur and Darius sighed tiredly. The moment they thought Leon couldn't surprise them more, he exceeded all their expectations yet again. They're very pleased with the result, but just like Mia, they feel like their common sense was being whittled down slowly by Leon.

Silverio could only smile helplessly after seeing their reactions. After all, even him who was with Leon during the operation still couldn't believe how smoothly and perfectly this operation went.

Leon and Silverio had just finished reporting the result of the operation to the King and Prime Minister in the inner quarters of the Royal Palace. They were called right after Leon and Silverio finished debriefing the operation to their friends and team.

"Where are the captured criminals now, Silverio?"

"Yes. They have been confined in the Royal Palace's underground prison. Though there isn't a need for such high-level security for them..."

"You're right. They're all still asleep and didn't show any signs of waking up even when they were transported to the prison."

"I see. Then how about the freed captives?"

"They are all well and fine, your majesty. We have given them temporary shelter as well as provisions."

"About that, your majesty. Considering they were kidnapped by the slave traders and possibly had the places they lived in raided and destroyed, would it be possible to aid them to find a job?"

Leon asked. Arthur and Darius looked towards Silverio. Silverio smiled at them and nodded. They all then turn towards Leon and smiled at him.

"Everything has been prepared, Leon. You may rest easy."

An enigmatic smile appeared on the King's face. Although his words were vague, seeing as Silverio seemed to have confirmed something with the King and Darius, everything seemed to already been prepared.

"I understand."

"Then we shall end the meeting here.. Good work, Silverio. You may return and take a well-deserved rest."

"Yes. Thank you very much, your majesty."

"Leon, thank you for helping us in this operation. Thanks to you, we managed to clean the dirt and trash off our kingdom in such a short amount of time."

"It is my pleasure, your majesty."

"Umu, you two may leave."

Silverio and Leon bowed and excused themselves. But before Leon exited, Arthur called out to him.