Chapter 76.1 ~ Night of Operation

AN: A lot on my mind lately, especially about uni stuff. Been dragging me down. Hope to regain my energy soon and write more of this good stuff. Enjoy~

Mia, Lily, and Rafael were staring at him, jaws dropped with widened eyes, while Freya, Vyra and Alex were smiling wryly. Charlotte wasn't showing any particular expressions and were standing beside Leon quietly.

"Hm? What's wrong?"

"DON'T WHAT'S WRONG ME! DO YOU KNOW HOW ABSURD WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO MAKE IS?"

A magic item that gave the user high resistance towards even a single debuff could only be made by a group of extremely skilled magic engineers and blacksmiths and would cost a rank B adventurer majority of his life's savings. Even A rank adventurers would even only have one or at most two of those incredibly powerful magic item. But now, Leon had just said he wanted to make them for all of his friends. It was no surprise that Mia failed to control herself and raised her voice.

Leon himself knew that what he wanted to make was something equivalent to an A rank or approaching even S class realm of items. It was only one level away from becoming a divine class item. The reason being it would most probably be impossible for Leon to make an item that would boost stats in addition to being able to cast an active and passive spell and have debuff nullification effect, both ability and material wise.

At most, Leon guess he could only make a magic item with the ability to cast <<Lightning Armor>> twice before having to be recharged, actively cast <<Magic Dispersion Shield>> twice as well and high resistance to all debuff effects with no boost to stats. Even when making that, he would need to experiment on the Behemoth's magic stone, his <<Enchant>> skill and his blacksmith skills.

"Calm down Mia. I just said I'm going to try it. There's no guarantee that I can do it. And I have a realistic goal of just having it be able to cast <<Lightning Armor>> and <<Magic Dispersion Shield>> at least twice and have high resistance to all debuff."

"...How is that realistic?"

"Give up, Mia... Your common sense will also be blown away if you keep arguing with him."

"That's right, Mia. If you keep bothering with master's sense, you won't be able to keep your common sense..."

"Alex, even you..."

Freya and the others chuckled at this exchange, seeing Rafael and Alex teasing Leon.

After a while, the knights had finished tying up all 34 mercenaries which include 12 swordsmen, 3 spearmen, 8 archers and 10 magicians, including the magician with dark affinity. Leon stealthily cast a spell towards him which disables his ability to cast dark magic.

Their poison coated weapons were all collected and surprisingly, there were a few magic weapons among them. As expected, the Gerard House really wanted Leon and this friends to die to even prepare magic weapons coated with highly lethal poison. Though after analyzing it, the poison smeared on the weapons will be an indisputable evidence for their relationship with Gerard House.

Although attacking a famous A rank adventurer party who have a really close relationship with the princess isn't enough to bring down a Marquis's house, Leon's plan didn't end here. In fact, this was just a bait to make them spill their secrets themselves.

The purification of the mansion didn't took long as Iris and the royal knights would've expected. However, it was an amazing spectacle. Freya begged Leon so she would be the one purifying the place for their new love nest desperately. It took Leon a while to agree since he didn't want anymore unwanted attention to fall on her.