Chapter 47 ~ An Unexpected Encounter

AN: Hey guys! Here's a full chapter special for this week! Hope you enjoyed it~~

The cubs regained conscious soon after Crimson Lightning defeated the cursed ogre and saved them. When they caught sight of Leon, they immediately went towards him and rub their faces on him, just like how dogs would. It seemed that they realise that Leon saved them and took a liking to him.

The two fox cubs were elemental foxes. Since it was the first time seeing one, Leon wanted to confirm if they could use magic just like Mia said. Turns out, they were intelligent enough to understand Leon's words and use their magic when Leon asked them.

The white fox cub emitted a radiance throughout its body and the black fox cub emitted a dark aura. Mia was the most surprised out of all of them since these fox cubs could use the two rarest magic element.

After that, Leon asked them if they wanted to return home or to stay with him and the others. Without delay, the two of them pounced at Leon and started licking his face. It was then decided that Leon would buy the scroll to let him use the magic spell <<Tame>> to make them his familiar.

Few days has passed since and the fox cubs were also becoming attached to other members of Crimson Lighting. They got along especially with the girls since they spent the most time with them. But, it seemed that their favourite was still Leon since they would always sleep on his lap.

Though Charlotte seemed to pout everytime they did. She felt a bit angry because her rightful place was taken. After being unable to take it anymore, Charlotte picked up the cubs from Leon's lap, took a sit, and placed them on her lap.

The cubs didn't seem to mind since they were also fond of Charlotte so it was a win-win situation. Now, Leon had Charlotte on his lap and the cubs on her most of the time which attracted three more stares of envy.

The day continued like usual. Leon was stroking Charlotte's head as she was sleeping on his lap. He had tried to stop but Charlotte always took his hands and put it back to her head so he didn't have a choice to continue doing it until she was satisfied.

However, a few moments after that, Leon felt a sudden burst of magic quite a distance away. It was similar to when a magic spell was casted. It could be that a group of adventurers were hunting monster with magic. However, he was told by the guild master that the place where he sensed the magic from was off limits to civilians. He asked the reason for it but apparently even the guild master didn't know.

As Leon was thinking of possibilities, Vyra contacted him with telepathy.

[My liege, it appears there's a battle 800 meters north east from your position.]

[Is it a monster?]

[No, it appears a group of bandits are attacking a carriage. Although there are knights guarding them, they were immensely outnumbered.]

[What can you find out about the carriage?]

[The appearance of the carriage is average but the interiors are luxurious. There's a woman in the carriage wearing a simple yet beautiful dress. The knights defending her wore high quality armors, better than anything we have seen from this world. I assume they are nobles.]

[...I see.]

They were probably not low ranked nobles, considering that their interiors were described as incredibly luxurious. In addition, if the knights were wearing high quality armors, that means that the person they were guarding must be an incredibly important individual. The unremarkable exterior was probably to fake their real rank and slip through bandit's attention.