Training and classes

Rose woke up early at 05:30 and went to the training ground in the backyard. Her father and brother were already waiting for her. "Good morning, father, brother."

"Good morning to you too, little sister."
"Good morning, darling."
After the greetings, the Duke's face turned dead serious. "Rose, you chose this path. So you can't abandon your training midway. Understand?"

"I understand, teacher." He nodded and pointed towards the weapons. "Which one first? Swordsman ship or archery?" Rose choose archery without hesitation and her brother also tagged along.

Rose took the bow and attached the arrow stand to her belt. The duke started explaining the posture to adjust. He suddenly stopped talking when he heard a 'swoosh' sound.

He turned to the sound and saw Rose already fired an arrow and it hits bullseye. Both her father and brother are surprised with eyes wide open. Rose chuckled seeing their reaction and they regained their senses hearing her laugh.

Rose p.o.v.

Just when I touched the bow, I got the same feeling as I was holding a gun. I don't know what happened but I followed my mood fired an arrow. The thrill I missed came back.

When I turned to father and brother,they are looking at me like they're seeing a miracle. I laughed seeing their reaction and they came back to their senses.
~~~~
The duke turned to Rose "how did you do that, darling?" Rose started her acting innocent. "What do you mean, father? I did what you just said. Is there any problem?"

He shook his head hearing my reply. "Rose, since you seem to have a knack for archery, let's focus more on swordsmanship. From tomorrow, one hour swordsmanship and remaining time with archery."

Rose nodded and her father asked her to run 10 rounds around the training field for a month. Only after that, she's allowed to touch a sword. Aside from those, Rose added another hour for training her body and reflexes.

That day her training ended with her running around the field. Then Rose went to her room,took a bath and went to dining room for breakfast. There her family was waiting for her.

"How's your training, darling?" Her mother asked Rose. "It's awesome, mother." The duchess laughed seeing her daughter's delight. " Your classes are also starting from today. You have to study diligently." Rose nodded and that day started the tutors praising her for a prodigy.