Invitation

Rose and Jasmine took Nessa and went shopping leaving the boys behind. They bought different types of clothes and matching accessories for Nessa. They went to all sweet shops they saw and ate many kinds of desserts.

Since the boys are not with them, there's no one to stop them and only returned to the inn when it's past dinner time. After dinner, Nessa told Rose that she wants to talk with her and they went to Rose's room.

"What's it?" Nessa was hesitant but gathered her courage and asked. "Form a contract with me." Rose who's drinking some tea nearly spit it out hearing her words. "This... Do you understand what you are saying?"

Rose saw Nessa nodding and her expression turned serious. "It's not a child's play to form a contract. Go back to your room." But Nessa didn't listen to her making Rose sigh. "You don't know much about me. What if I use you to do bad things? Moreover, if something happens to me you also have to suffer."

Even after hearing all of this, there's no change in Nessa's expression. "You decided?" Nessa once again nodded with resolution. "Fine. But don't regret your decision." The room shined with a bright light indicating the completion of contract.

When Rose told her to check her status, Nessa was slightly shocked but accepted the changes quickly and didn't ask Rose any questions. In the other room, Zane and Ryan felt the fluctuations in mana around them and went to Rose's room to check whether anything happened.

They collectively sighed after hearing what happened from Rose. "Rose,why are you forming so many contracts? Are you going to found an army of contract beasts?" Ryan asked jokingly which made a tick mark appear on Rose's forehead.

"Oh! Since you want to be in an army, why don't i make a training programme for you?" Guessing the evil intentions behind her words, Ryan laughed awkwardly and quickly escaped from there.

The next day the guild master sent someone to invite them to the guild. When they reached the guild, they saw guild master sitting in his room waiting for them. He gave them all an invitation card.

"The king wants to meet you." Those words are enough for them to know the whole story. "You have to go to the palace the day after tomorrow. Since you are SSS rank adventurers, you don't have to follow normal etiquette when meeting the king."

They excused themselves and soon returned to the inn. They all are now in Calix's room discussing about their visit to the palace. "I think it would be better if we pick a gift." Everyone agreed with Calix's words but they don't know what to pick.

Rose's voice rang in the now silent room. "I will prepare it. You don't have to worry." Five pairs of surprised eyes turned to Rose. From what they know of Rose,she don't say things without thinking. So they left the task for her to take care.