Strange phenomenon

From the guild master's expression Rose can guess that it's not just a simple investigation. "Explain clearly." The guild master heaved a sigh in relief when Rose didn't directly reject his request.

"The forest of falls is famous because there is a lake in the middle of the forest which can absorb the mana in the air. Recently the concentration of mana in the lake is increasing in a tremendous amount. This is making the monsters advance in ranks."

Rose's eyes were wide in surprise hearing the news. "Interesting". Seeing that she's interested, Aster continued. "At first I didn't think of it as a problem and sent C and B rank adventurers to investigate but only a C rank adventurer made it back alive."

"That guy also suffered major injuries. He said that there are two dragons and many S rank beasts are guarding the lake and lost his consciousness. I even sent 2 S rank and 4 A rank parties which resulted in a total annihilation."

As Rose is also a dragon that too an azure royal dragon,she can sense if there are any dragons around but Rose didn't sense the aura of any dragon.Now only Rose understood how serious the issue is. Something is definitely wrong there.

"You didn't contact any SSS rank adventurers?" Aster nodded. "Calix and Jasmine.They will be here in two days. You three are going to leave in 5 days. Is that alright?"

"Ok." After getting the complete details from him, Rose left the room. Ryan and Zane also came back and are waiting for her. They saw her dull expression and guessed that something is not right.

"What? Why are you like that? Did the guild master gave you any mission?" Ryan only joked not expecting her to give a positive response. "Let's go back to the inn. This issue is somewhat tricky."

Rose bid her farewell to Ava and the trio returned to the inn. After hearing the details they also felt conflicted not knowing what's happening. "I have a guess. But it will be confirmed once we reached there."

They wanted to ask Zane further but didn't disturb him seeing him seriously thinking. Only Zane know what he's thinking about. 'If my guess is right then it will be a bit problematic.' Zane shook these thoughts out of his mind.

The trio spent the next two days idly not doing anything. They went to the guild two days later when guild master invited them. Ava saw them coming and immediately led them to the guild master's room.

Inside the room, there are three people sitting. Aside from the guild master, there are two elfs. Calix and Jasmine both looked like people in early twenties but in reality they are in their seventies.

Rose introduced Zane and Ryan to them. Just the aura the two releasing made the elfs not to under estimate them. Soon they also introduced themselves. Since it's already lunch time, the five of them decided to go to a restaurant to continue their discussion.