Friends

The next day the four of them departed to the other side of the mountain. Both Zane and Nick volunteered in searching for dragon ore crystals and disagreed with the idea of Rose and Eryk joining them.

Seeing the determined faces of Zane and Nick, both of them gave up immediately and sat in the shade of a tree. "Eryk, let's be friends?" Out of blue Rose asked surprising him. Eryk smiled and asked "why?"

"Nothing specific, just felt that you are way nice than those people acting to be nice." He got amused hearing her answer and continued asking "how can you be so sure? Don't you think I'm being nice because I know about your magic?" Rose shook her head in denial and answered with a single word "instinct".

He laughed out loud at her reply and shook his head 'just as I expected, you are really very interesting'. " Same here. Then let me introduce myself again. My name is Arthur Christopher Eryk,the crown prince of the vampire kingdom. Let's be friends from now on."

Rose smiled and did the same and shook his hand. Zane and Nick came back in a few hours with hands full of dragon ore. They arrived at the scene of Rose and Eryk talking with each other smiling. Zane was confused not knowing how they got so close in just a few days but didn't ask anything.

Nick was the funny one to see. He's rubbing his eyes thinking he's seeing an illusion. Eryk saw the confusion on Nick's face but didn't explain. Zane sent a message to Brenton that they will be leaving. He asked them to stay for sometime but Rose told him that they have to leave and also told him to call her if anything happens.

Just now they entered the outer region of the forest from inner region. Rose got curious thinking what Eryk's magic is and decided to take a peek of his status feeling bored since Zane is dealing with the beasts. Now she can see others status because her level crossed 500.

Rose's surprised because his magic affinity is not visible to her and stood in a daze seeing his title. 'Didn't expect him to be one'. She came to her senses quickly and just smiled. 'Seems like he didn't know how to use it. Let's help him a bit.'

They reached the village near the 'forest of beasts' and it's time for them to go separate ways. Before they separate, Rose took Eryk to her space and gave him a book. Seeing the name of the book Eryk was surprised.

'No one knows about this even my parents but how did she know?' Seeing his surprise Rose guessed what he's about to ask and replied first "Everyone has their secrets." Eryk just nodded and smiled knowing she didn't want to reveal the matter.

"Hey, don't assume I'm doing this for free. I want something in return." He asked with a smile "what's it?"
"Be my guide when I come to your kingdom. And also it's your duty as a friend." He just shook his head at her request and agreed.

After that, they appeared back in the inn and said their farewell. Eryk entered his carriage and took the book out of his space and read the title of the book smiling 'the powers of a vampire who awaken their progenitor blood'. He put the book back in its place not wanting anyone to know about that.