Journey(1)

The next day Rose bid farewell to her parents and brother. Rose teleported to an alley near the guild instead of guild master's office. Rose summoned Zane from her space and used her magic conceal his mana. Zane also retracted his scent which will reveal him as a dragon.

Both of them made their way to the reception after Rose casted illusion magic on herself. Lily who's already waiting for her told her that guild master is waiting for them and led them to the office.

Rose and Zane went inside and sat infront of the guild master. As expected the guild master became vigilant seeing Zane. "He is going to be your companion?" Rose replied with a 'yes'. "Not only companion, he's also my brother." While Zane was happy with her declaration,the guild master is confused.

"You don't need to know about him,old man. Don't pry into this matter." Rose said with a cold voice devoid of emotions which made the guild master tense because this is his first time hearing such tone from her. He didn't miss the slight killing intent leaking from her words.

This tense atmosphere was broken when Lily knocked on the door saying the people from yesterday were here. Hearing the guild master's approval, Lily opened the door and left when Eryk and Nick went in. Rose also returned to her smiling form at that time.

When Nick and Eryk saw Zane they immediately came to a revelation 'he's not human'. Rose guessed their thoughts but didn't explain. "Eryk and Nick,this is Zane my brother. And Zane, they are Eryk and Nick, crown prince and knight captain of the vampire kingdom."

Zane was surprised at her mistress's attitude of not caring about their identity. He just nodded at them in acknowledgement just because Rose introduced them. "Since we're all here, let's depart. We can reach the next village before night." Rose agreed with Eryk's idea and they exited the room after bidding farewell with guild master Aron.

A carriage is waiting for them outside the guild. There are 4 people on horses in guard's uniform and another 3 people in shadows along with the carriage. It's to be expected since his identity is not normal.

Nick,Eryk,Zane and Rose boarded the carriage and the carriage started. After the ride started, Rose cancelled the illusion magic on her. Even though Eryk and Nick saw her magic before, they were awed at her precise control of mana and the level of her magic.

Rose's feeling bored just sitting there. Feeling her mood change, Zane took out a box of sweets from his item box and gave it to her. Her face immediately blossomed into a smile and hugged Zane thanking him.

Before Rose and Zane left the Duke's mansion

Since it will be a long time travel, Rose asked Sophia to prepare large amount of sweets. When she tried to put them in her item box, Daniel stopped her and gave them to Zane.

"Zane, don't give them to her. If she wants them badly, just give her one box per week and make sure she doesn't eat any sweets other than these." Zane noted down these points because they're related to her health.

Rose's cries and pleas are ignored by both Zane and Rose's brother.

Present:

Eryk and Nick didn't understand her reaction seeing the sweets. So Zane explained the situation to them making Rose glare at him. They reached the next village before night and rented rooms in an inn.