一 | 𝐁𝐄𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

It was a full moon that night, stars lighting up the sky and shining down on the young girl who walked down a busy street, her hands slipping in and out of pockets with ease and precision. She continued like this until she reached a narrow alley, quietly ducking into the narrow space and making many turns before finally stopping in front of a wooden door.

She knocked four times in quick secession before the door opened up a crack to reveal a middle-aged man in a black shirt and dirty jeans. He had blood shot eyes, an unshaven face and wild hair, the violent trembling of his hands indicating years of drinking. At first, he looked wary, but when he saw that it was just the girl, he opened the door all the way to let her in, revealing a small room filled with dirt and grime along with a crude-looking couch in front of a worn TV at the same time.

She handed him the wallets that she had swiped, his face twisting into a grin filled with greed when she did so. His step daughter knew he would only spend it on booze and gambling, but she didn't try to stop him.

Countless bruises she had on her back and arms were enough to stop her.

Quickly running into the small, stifling space she called her room, she tried to sleep, eventually able to drift off for a few hours later. That was, until a harsh sound startled her awake.

"(Y/N), where are you, you little shit!" The man yelled, making her walk timidly into the room.

He stumbled towards her with a bottle in hand, suddenly raising his other and smacking her across the face with enough force to send her stumbling back into the wall, landing with a grunt. Brushing her fingers against her face, she winced, knowing there was going to be a bruise. Taking a drink from his bottle before wiping his mouth, he then scowled down at her. Grabbing her by the hair roughly, he began to pull her towards his bedroom. Knowing what was about to happen, (Y/N) screamed and clawed at his hand to try and escape from his grasp, only resulting in him pushing her to the ground with a cruel laugh.

"This is what you get for denying your father, you stupid inconvenience!" He shouted down at her as he began to beat her. "Hell, I'm not even your real fucking father! And after all I've done to raise you... this is what I get? You ungrateful brat!"

This went on for what seemed like hours, the man yelling at her and beating her into near unconsciousness. When he was finally done, he collapsed onto his bed in his room, snoring softly without a care as to what he just did. (Y/N) limped back to her own room to curl herself into a ball, whimpering and trying not to cry for what seemed like the hundredth time as her eyelids started to flutter, finally drifting off into another dreamless sleep.

(Y/N)(L/N), eighteen years old, woke up with a gasp, her eyes filling with tears as she pressed her palm to her forehead, shuddering softly.

That was a dream.