七十四 | 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐍

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

         「 Present

He's dead.

    Shaking her head, (Y/N) unsteadily stood to her feet whilst having to use the couch as support, just staring down at Teru's fallen body.

    I can't believe it.

    No...

    I can believe it, but I'm wondering how?

    How did this happen?

    Running her fingers through her messy (H/C) hair, she then glanced up when seeing Rem materialize through the wall, her Death Note clutched in her skeletal hand. Ryuk, strangely enough, was nowhere to be found, having left sometime in the middle of her talk with Teru. She didn't think too much on this fact, instead gnawing nervously on the cuticle of her thumb before glancing up at the female Shinigami.

    "Did you... kill him?" (Y/N) asked Rem hesitantly, wishing for relief to fill her when she shook her head, however the feeling not coming.

    Someone did, though.

    Someone with a Death Note.

    As a though glanced through her mind, her eyes widened as she placed a hand over her mouth, shock radiating through her body when knowing exactly who killed Teru. She grit her teeth at the realization that came all too late for her liking.

    Light's regained his memories.

    Considering how Ryuk disappeared despite wanting to be entertained, this has to be true. I don't know how, and I don't care, but all that matters is what he's going to do now.

    Because he knows everything.

    "Light's memories have been restored," (Y/N) let out a deep breath as she then licked eyes with Rem, the (E/C) hues shining with a type of cold resolution. "He must have found Ryuk's notebook that I hid under the floorboards of my house. How, though... I'm not sure. And it doesn't matter anymore. If we want Misa to stay safe, I will need to take possession of your notebook."

    "Why?"

    "Huh?" (Y/N) blinked at the Shinigami in surprise.

    The God's skeletal form deflated as she exhaled, walking closer and pointing a clawed finger at the girl before saying, "I have trusted you because I have seen just how intellectual you are and how committed you are to making sure that Misa stays safe. But now... the plans that you have so carefully made are now ruined because of a single mistake that you have made."