五十八 | 𝐕𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐓

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

"What brings you here?" (Y/N) smiled at Light after opening the door to her house for him that evening, the boy returning the look.

    "Considering that the Kira Investigation has come to a close and we haven't really talked about it these past few days, I thought it would be nice to see you again now that we've officially solved the case," he explained as the girl led him inside, his gaze roving over the familiar layout of the house, wishing to tell her Rin would no longer be a distraction in her life yet refraining. "It's strange, though, isn't it?"

    "Is it?"

    "Yeah—I mean, it's been almost two years."

    "I guess you're right," (Y/N) leaned back on the couch she was sitting on, propping her head up with her fist. "A lot of our time was spent at Headquarters. I even had a floor there."

    "Ryuzaki said you could keep it."

    "I didn't want to impose."

    "That's true," Light mused. "After all, he did suspect both of us of being Kira at a time."

    "It's a relief you're no longer the prime suspect, too," (Y/N) hummed, playing the part of a loyal friend—something she knew she was now. "I wouldn't know what I'd do if Ryuzaki still suspected you. I would be surprised, firstly, since Higuchi was already executed."

    "Hopefully something like that will never happen again," he mused. "Killings like Kira... or my being suspected of them."

    She smiled softly.

    The mood in the room was light-hearted.

    Yet something warred in (Y/N)'s heart.

    This is good... right?

    "What are you thinking about so deeply?" Light then questioned after noticing the uncomfortable look on her face, leaning forward slightly, elated to see the girl after disposing of the thorn in the side and wanting know to soak in as much time with her as he could before news of Rin's murder got out. "Is it still about the case?"

    "Yeah," (Y/N) propped her head up, her lips pursing. "I just wonder what Ryuzaki will do now that it's solved."

    "He probably will move on to another case."

    "Of course," she gave a short laugh, tapping her finger against the arm of her couch. "Of course..."

    "You don't sound too enthused?" Light raised a brow at her reaction.

    "Maybe..."

    "What is it?"

    "I just think... I'm going to miss him."