三十三 | 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

"Hey, Ryuzaki," (Y/N) poked the man's arm as she gazed up blankly at the ceiling, her eyes glazed over from having rewatched so many surveillance videos of all the times Kira had been most active. "Considering we've watched these hundreds of times, why don't we go on a walk?"

    "I'm busy," was all he replied.

    "It seems like you're always busy," she hummed. "Is that why you don't sleep?"

    "I told you—I only sleep when I feel like it."

    "Ah. You're right."

    "Of course I am."

    "That's pretty cocky," she chuckled softly, not noticing the way L's eyes slid over to watch her. "Well, considering you're the world's best three detectives, it's not surprising."

    "Oh, you know that?"

    "I connected the dots pretty early after meeting you," she smirked.

"I guess I should have known."

Silence settled between them save for the rerunning and rewinding and playing and fast forwarding of the surveillance videos that L was receding. All members of the Task Force save for them had gone considering it was now after midnight and L had ushered them to take a break. Light had wanted to stay considering (Y/N) was, but at the urging of his father to leave with him, he reluctantly and begrudgingly followed.

So, it was just the two of them.

And (Y/N) was bored.

But at the same time, she didn't want to leave.

    "Come on, just go on a walk with me," she mentioned again, rolling her neck around so she could look at the detective, her gaze roving over his messy raven hair and pale skin that contrasted so violently with each other yet made for a handsome image all the same. "It'll be a date where we could get some much needed fresh air after being cramped up in this room all day. Besides, you said it yourself that only I and the Task Force know you're L, so, what's the danger?"

    The man froze.

    Literally—it didn't look like he even blinked.

    He never thought of dating, much less having a relationship with anyone, whether they be friends or lovers, male or female. Yet as soon as (Y/N) said that one little word, his mind flooded with images of holding her in his arms, of kissing her, of loving her. In technicality, he never felt much of an attraction to anyone, but when thinking of her eyes tinted with mischief, of her teasing smile, he became all too aware of their close proximity.

    This is unusual.

    My temperature is rising and my heart is beating faster; is this... attraction?