四十九 | 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐄

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

    When (Y/N) opened her eyes, she found herself confused when staring up a foreign, yet familiar, ceiling. Sitting up, she then glanced around the cramped room that she found herself, a slow type of dread pooling in the pit of her stomach when the realization of where she was dawned on her.

No, no, no!

It can't be.

Flinging herself off her small bed and ripping the covers away, she gripped the brass knob of her door as her breathing grew erratic, flinging it open and collapsing onto her knees when her worst fears were confirmed. There was the same dirty floors, the same old TV, the same old couch. It was all there. And then the familiar sounds of static combined with snoring echoed from across the room.

It can't... be...

    (Y/N), in that moment, wanted to die.

    She was back.

    But she couldn't be.

    She had already moved on from this place, so why was she back here? Something wet fell onto her bare knees, and when she looked down at the small drop of water that formed before sliding off onto the worn floor, she knew that she was crying. And when she did, tears started uncontrollably trailing down her face as she broke down, sobs racking her body.

Why!?

Why the fuck did I have to be sent back to this hellhole!?

Why!?

Sobbing.

Her sobbing was the only thing that she could hear in that moment as her crying flooded her senses, hurting far more than it should.

(Y/N) then gasped awake.

Cold sweat trailed down her forehead as she sat up, finding herself in the lavish room of Task Force Headquarters, her surroundings dark yet she able to tell instantly that she was safe. Pulling her knees to her chest, she stared blankly at the covers in front of her, trembling, trying to steady her breathing that had become as erratic as it was in her dream.

She couldn't believe it.

She thought she was over such fears.

Apparently not, though.

"God-fucking-dammit," she then buried her head in her arms, as if trying to curl in on herself and block out the entire world.

It seemed so real...

Why did I have to dream of that now? Is it an omen of what's to come?

That once this is all over... I'll return?