二十 | 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

    Light sat at his desk with (Y/N), books scattered around them since they were studying together as usual. Ryuk was nowhere to be found, the Shinigami having gotten bored enough to say that he would go off and get apples on his own somehow. And as for the rest of the Yagami family, Soichiro was still at work while Sachiko and Sayu were off running errands.

It was just him and (Y/N)—alone.

    Sitting so close to her, he could smell the shampoo wafting from her hair.

    He didn't understand.

    He didn't understand many things, including why he couldn't help but watch her out of the corner of his eye, intrigued by each and every expression that she made—from how calm she looked at times, from the way her brow scrunched when she was concentrating, the way her eyes glimmered when the light hit them just right.

    It was irritating how mesmerizing she was.

"Hey, Light? How do I do this one?" (Y/N) then suddenly questioned, leaning closer and making his eyes drop towards her slightly parted lips.

    Something was wrong.

    Drastically wrong.

    Sure, he found (Y/N)'s appearance in and of itself appealing, along with her rather intellectual nature and patterns, but it shouldn't distract him to that extent. As Kira, his only goal should be the eradication of all the filth within the world—he couldn't waste time focusing on such whimsical notions of love and romance.

    Yet, there she was.

    Whimsical and lovely.

He couldn't take it any more and stood up abruptly, approaching his bed and sitting down, loosening his collar as he felt his face flushing with heat—a reaction totally abnormal to him. He only felt worse when (Y/N), asking what was wrong, sat next to him, her knee brushing against his. The final breaking point was her hand on his shoulder.

    He felt a jolt course through him.

    He turned to face her.

    And ever so steadily, he lifted his hand to cup her face, closing his eyes as his lips drew near hers.

    Everything then went dark.

    Blinking his eyes open, Light stared at his bland ceiling, wondering what the hell had just happened until he realized he had been dreaming. Sitting up and running a hand through his tangled hair, he continued to question why his subconscious would suddenly give him a dream like that. It didn't make any sense to him, especially when his entire plan when involving himself with (Y/N) was to make sure she fell for him, not the other way around.

    But, he still had a dream about her.

    A dream about kissing her, no less.

    He was glad that the dream was as innocent as that, for he knew just how lewd young men around his age often tended to be.