十八 | 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

    Light was currently in his room, mulling over the copycat Kira who had killed off several newsmen the night before. He had realized quite instantly that this 'other' Kira had the eyes, and he wondered just how useful they would become to him since it was obvious that they followed his ideals. What made his expression tighten was the way they sloppily revealed that—after (Y/N) mentioned to him that she didn't agree with the way he killed off innocents, he tried to avoid that to the best of his abilities.

But this copycat didn't know that.

He'd have to rectify that.

He was then torn from his thoughts when his cellphone buzzed, alerting him to a call.

"Light, Ryuzaki has decided that he'd like you and (Y/N) to help with the investigation," Soichiro announced over the phone. "If you're still interested, then you both need to come here right away."

"Okay, dad, I'll make sure to tell her," Light responded, hanging up.

This is perfect.

Now, I'll have access to classified information about the case, which means I can learn more about this other Kira. But, I need to figure out what this imposter is all about before someone else on the Task Force beats me to it.

And my time is very limited.

Slipping on his shoes, Light then exited his house before approaching (Y/N)'s to ring the doorbell and wait. When she answered it, though, he couldn't help but he taken aback, his eyebrows raising upon how disheveled she looked. It was such an unusual sight to him—her (H/C) hair a mess, the shadows under her eyes, the oversized T-shirt. His eyes raked over her body, amusement soon spreading across his expression.

"Morning, (Y/N)," he hummed. "Did I wake you?"

"No, no, I've been up for hours," she muttered sleepily, suppressing a yawn, obviously lying with how her lids kept drooping.

"If that's the case, you're ready to go, right? L's asked us to join Task Force, and we need to be at his location immediately."

"Really? That's nice," she murmured softly as she leaned further against the doorframe, letting his words sink in for a moment before her eyes shot open. "Wait, L, seriously? I... I need to get dressed. Come in, you can wait for me."

Dragging the boy through the door, (Y/N) assured him she wouldn't be long as she then traveled up to her room, leaving him to his own devices. Looking around and finding her house modestly decorated, Light then spotted a few photos of her other friends, but none with her family. He was further surprised by a picture of the twos' graduation, cocking his head as his eyes narrowed.

Now isn't that interesting.

Does she truly think of me as a friend?

Well, after what happened the last time between us, I guess that's all she wants to be.