五 | 𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

The days at school passed by slowly while (Y/N) waited for any news regarding the Kira case, now taking study sessions with Light just for the fact. Slipping her shoes off as said boy showed her inside his house, she then walked up with him to his room, promptly slinging her bag down and collapsing into the extra chair he had set up.

"Everything okay?" He raised a brow.

"Everything's fine," she answered as she followed him with her eyes, watching as he organized his already clean room. "Speaking of, everything must be fine with you considering you've been in a very good mood these past few days, Yagami-san. Did something happen?"

"Nothing," he shrugged. "Like you said, everything's been normal."

"That can't be right," she shook her head, knowing his words were anything but true,

"Ah, well, can't a guy just be happy?"

"Sure," she shrugged before lacing her fingers and stretching them in front of her, knowing she would have to limber up her hands for the amount of studying she was about to do. "Now, let's get to studying. Lest you forget, we have entrance exams in a couple weeks. I know it's a bit far away, but we need to be prepared."

"Of course," Light nodded as he sat down close sky besides her. "You can never be too prepared. Now, what do you need help with?"

(Y/N) pointed out reasonably difficult problems, in reality already knowing the answers to them. To her, it was just too much of a risk for Light to know just how capable she truly was. After about an hour, she couldn't help but let out a soft sigh at her thoughts, drawing said boy's attention and finally making him notice her stare.

"What's wrong?" He questioned.

"I'm just wondering how you got to be so smart," she merely hummed in thought.

"You know, I'm smart because of studying."

"Wow, who would've thought?"

"C'mon, just finish this problem," Light voiced whilst simultaneously rolling his eyes at her sarcasm-laced words, his gaze shifting when the muffled sound of the front door opening caught his attention—not even a second later, he heard his younger sister, Sayu, and his mother, Sachiko, welcoming his father, Soichiro, home. "He's home early..."

Side-eying the boy at his muttering, (Y/N) propped her head up at the irony of Soichiro, Chief of the NPA and leader of the Kira investigation, was the said killer's father. She found it bemusing, if she were being honest, especially since she found herself enjoying Light's company more than she thought she would. Shrugging softly at her own thoughts, she then started to pack up her things and head down the stairs with Light following.