十七 | 𝐅𝐀𝐒𝐂𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

    Once more in a dark and unspecified hotel room, nothing but the glow of the moon through the window giving light to his surroundings, L bit his thumb as he rethought the events from earlier that evening, once more sitting with his knees up.

    "I would like to take you up on your offer of helping with the investigation."

    "What is truly evil is the power to kill people. And any person who has come to possess this kind of power is cursed. No matter how you use it, no true happiness can be obtained like that—not by killing other people."

    "What would it take for you to believe that I'm not Kira!?"

    "His reactions amuse me, then annoy me—sometimes I just don't understand."

    That last line reverberated through L's mind for the past hour since he had left Light and (Y/N) in front of the hostile, having not been able to shake what the girl had said.

    What did she mean?

    For some inexplicable reason, something is telling me that Light is Kira... so does she also suspect him? Her wording was like of a confession.

    He rubbed his feet together.

His gaze stayed blank.

    If she suspects that Yagami Light is indeed Kira, why doesn't she just come forward with it?

    She seems almost... amused, in a sense.

    Child-like.

    Gaining pleasure from watching this unfold.

    "Just who are you... (Y/N)?" L murmured to himself, allowing his eyes to refocus so he could turn his attention to the glittering stars in the sky thats brightness wasn't diminished in the slightest by the lights of the city below—in fact, the two sets of contrasting lights somehow complimented one another in an indescribable way.

He tilted his head.

Contrasting... yet complimenting.

How amusing.

And almost as if she were able to hear L's thoughts, (Y/N) swiftly turned around with narrowed eyes, stopping abruptly in her path of walking down the road towards her house. Light—he having been walking with her—also stopped, tilting his head in confusion from her sudden alertness.

"Everything okay?" He questioned.

She didn't answer.

"Look, I know you've been on edge since everything that's happened with L, but you don't need to be around me," Light exhaled softly as he ran his fingers through his brown hair. "You do know that, right, (Y/N)?"