二十三 | 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

The next morning when Light saw (Y/N) walk into class with dark shadows under her eyes, he knew something had happened. He watched as she then slid into the seat next to him, opened up her textbook to prop it up in front of her, and promptly fall asleep. He set his head in his hand, flicking his pencil in circles absentmindedly as he stared at her.

    This is strange...

    Just from looking at her I can tell something happened, and I... worry.

    It's annoying.

    Letting out a small sigh, Light leaned back in his chair and focused his attention on the rest of the lecture. And all throughout the day, he would watch as (Y/N) struggled to focus in class since her eyelids would keep drooping every time she did so. Her sleeping in class didn't mean she was a bad student, for with every assignment and test handed out so far she had aced, but it wasn't usual for her, either.

    It made Light suspicious.

    And as he walked with her towards the location of the hotel that L stated he would be at, he finally started questioning her.

    "(Y/N)?"

    "Hm?"

    "Did you go somewhere last night?"

    "Why?"

    "You were sleeping in almost every class today," Light hummed, making it seem as if this were but a passing thought in his mind. "I thought it was maybe because you couldn't sleep again, or that you had stayed up late somewhere else."

    "Well, you're right in both aspects," (Y/N) chuckled as she buried her hands deeper into the pockets of her coat. "I couldn't sleep due to various reasons. And knowing I'd likely do better helping L with the investigation rather than tossing and turning at home, I decided to visit him and see what I could do. It was a rather... interesting night."

    Light almost reacted.

    It would have been a violent one—one where he would demand what had happened incessantly.

    But, he was able to refrain.

    He didn't think he would be so against the idea of L and (Y/N) becoming close, but he was. It was undeniable that he hated the very idea of it. He could lie and say that it was because he didn't fully trust L considering he did suspect (Y/N) of being Kira. But, it would be a lie all the same.

    "I see," Light finally forced out rigidly.

    The girl glanced at him.

    But she didn't say anything.

    Finally, the two arrived at their destination—a rather tall hotel with a light, golden theme that matched well with the color tones of the setting sun. Walking into the simple room where L was currently stationed for the moment, both tugged off their coats and set them down on the backs of two chairs before approaching said detective, along with Soichiro, Mogi, Matsuda, and Aizawa who were all standing beside him staring at a TV.