六十二 | 𝐊𝐈𝐒𝐒

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

"Um... yes?" (Y/N) blinked in surprise that same evening after visiting Misa, opening the door of her house to see Watar standing there with his bowler hat pressed to his chest, the rain behind him coming down in torrents that made the road slick and treacherous. "What is it, Watari?"

    She was surprised to see the older gentleman at her doorstep, even more so by his next words.

    "Ryuzaki has decided that he no longer feels that you're safe so close to Yagami Light, and asks if you would come back to Headquarters," Watari explained to her briefly, gesturing with a gloved hand down to the waiting car. "He says that he would feel much more at ease if he knew that you were somewhere that Yagami Light couldn't easily access."

She frowned.

After meeting with Misa just hours earlier, she had instructed the girl to give up ownership of her Death Note. Before losing all of her memories, though, she would then mail the notebook to Teru with specific instructions to begin killing again as Kira—this plan was just like how Light almost fooled Near in the anime. The only difference was that (Y/N) had Misa instruct Teru to also write down a criminal's name like he would any other heart attack victim. But only after the criminal's death was he then to write down that said criminal had killed Rin exactly like how he was murdered.

It was a risk.

But she was willing to take it.

    "Yeah," (Y/N) nodded, straightening. "Sure, I can come back. Give me a minute."

    Allowing Watari inside, she brewed him a warm cup of tea before ascending the stairs to pack up her things that she would have to take back. Lugging her suitcase back downstairs, Watari waited until she locked her door before opening his umbrella and escorting her to the car. It wasn't long before the two arrived at Headquarters, (Y/N) walking down to the main hall after placing her suitcase in her old room, finding L sitting in a chair with his knees pulled up to his chest staring at the computer monitors.

    "Ryuzaki, I'm certain you brought me here for a reason other than my safety," she exhaled softly as she sat beside him, propping her head up. "What is it that you need?"

    "All I needed was to ensure your safety," he murmured in reply, his dark eyes boring into her own. "That's the only reason I've brought you back here. And, in regards to what we were talking about previously, I have an idea on how we approach this situation regarding Light."

    "'Situation?'" (Y/N) quoted with raised brows, leaning back in her chair. "Ryuzaki, we don't even know if he committed the murder."

"Again... you're defending him."

"I'm his friend, what else am I supposed to do?"

The two stared at each other, much like they did before when discussing the same topic in the other room with Soichiro a few days before. And just like last time, L could feel his irritation towards Light growing. But then again, he now had (Y/N) back in his grasp again—something he had been desperate to do since the absolving of the Kira case. With her back at Headquarters, Light was very limited when it came to contact with her.