三十九 | 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐋

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

"Ryuk, if I copied and printed out the pages of a Death Note, would they still contain the properties to kill someone?" (Y/N) asked that night in her home, having not taken any chances of speaking with the Shinigami at Headquarters in case there were audio taps hidden throughout her room. "After all, I can't just give the Death Note away to someone since I would lose all memories, and merely keeping a page won't leave my memories intact either."

    "Well..." Ryuk mumbled as he chewed on an apple that he had given her, sprawled along her bed with his head propped up in a casual way. "I'm not sure. You'll have to test that out yourself, hehe."

    "You're no help, are you?"

    "Nope."

    "What if I bribe you with fifty apples?"

    "...how about you double it?"

    "Deal."

    "Nice," Ryuk's eyes flashed dangerously in the low lighting of the room as he smiled eerily. "While normally I wouldn't listen to a mere human, since you're being so generous, I'll do this one little favor for you."

    "Why, thank you," (Y/N) smiled.

    Considering she had thirty apples in stock for Ryuk, she grabbed her wallet and coat so she could run down to the store to grab seventy more. While normally she wouldn't want to spend that much cash on apples, L had been generous enough to lend her a credit card that she could use as she pleased. She didn't want to accept it at first since it felt too much like using him, but he vehemently insisted.

    Because, unknown to her, he gave her the money on account of wanting her to be pleased with him.

    And to give her whatever she desired.

    He'll see the credit card history, but... I'm honestly not too worried.

    He'll just assume I like apples.

    Her eyes then widened.

    She stopped in her tracks quite instantly.

    Actually...

    Since Light gave him that hint of Shinigami loving apples, wouldn't his suspicions towards me only grow if he sees I've bought so many?

    I'll have to buy them separately.

"Ryuk, I'm going to go buy you ten more apples for a total of forty apples tonight," she murmured to the floating Shinigami as she then continued walking, shoving her hands into her jacket's pockets. "I'll then buy you ten more apples every week. Does that sound fair to you?"

"Yeah, sure, as long as I get them."

Stepping into the store when the doors slid open, the cool air hitting her full force, (Y/N) moved to the fruit section before using two of the provided plastic bags to put five apples in each. Nothing was unusual, even if she was momentarily distracted by Ryuk floating all over the place to look at different products and people he found funny to look at. It wasn't until she stepped up to the check out line did something happen.