三十 | 𝐄𝐍𝐒𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐄

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

"Hi, (Y/N)!" Light greeted that next morning, everything about him looking so much more vibrant and cheerful now that he was not under the influence of the Death Note—his eyes being the most warm compared to how dark and calculating they were before. "Um... hey, so... something weird happened yesterday, and I don't really know how to describe it, but... I think I lost time."

    (Y/N) blinked.

    Oh, boy.

    Well, this is easy to explain away.

    "I'm sure you were just studying so hard for that exam that you lost track of time," she lied with a shrug, a smile slipping on her lips.

    "Yeah, maybe..." Light trailed off.

    He didn't look convinced.

    (Y/N) sighed as she readjusted the straps of her bag, knowing that she had to take his memory for a reason yet feeling a bit guilty since he seemed so kind and innocent now. She wanted to smack herself for all of those reasons, especially since she knew that he had opened up to her as a friend. Even if he hadn't confided in her about being Kira, he still kept her close and allowed his walls to go down whenever they were together.

    Her expression grew determined.

    It's the only way.

    Once I speak to Misa, I'll put my plan in motion. And then once completed, Light will be free.

    "Light, I'm sure this was just a one time thing," (Y/N) continued after pulling herself away from her own inner thoughts, flashing the boy a charming smile that made the tips of his ears burn red—not that she noticed since they were covered by his hair. "After you ace that exam, everything will be better. Trust me on that."

    "You know, I always feel like I can," he responded, his heart speeding up in his chest.

    "Obviously."

    Light stared at (Y/N) from the corner of his eye.

    He was entranced.

If he were being completely honest, he wasn't sure why he had approached (Y/N) in the first place at all, but he was now quite glad that he did. He hadn't meant to become this attached to one person, but he found himself to enraptured and used to her presence that he wasn't sure he would be able to go on normally if she wasn't by his side. She had become a constant that he had grown dependent on—like a drug that he wasn't sure he wanted to quit.

He knew it was bad.

But that was why it felt so good.

To be able to always look upon her, to see those (E/C) eyes gaze deeply back at him, to see the way her lips curled into that mischievous smile—he drank in everything eagerly.