三十二 | 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐋𝐋

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

Was I a little too harsh on her?

    This singular thought glanced through (Y/N)'s mind when thinking back to her interaction with Misa as she walked away, Ryuk cackling overhead as he floated along beside her. She didn't want to overthink anything, but at the same time, she felt discomfort when seeing how dejected Misa looked after her severe rejection.

Oh, well.

She gets too clingy for Light.

I'd rather not have to see that again.

But before she could even take another step, she was suddenly barged into from behind, making her stumble and almost fall over flat on her face.

"Please wait, (Y/N)!" Misa cried, her arms wound tightly around the girl's waist.

"What? Misa—"

"I know you said that you'll never need me, but I need you!" She shouted adamantly, making the other even more flustered when glancing around to see that her yells were garnering unwanted attention from passerby's. "I've always admired you ever since you dealt justice to the man who murdered my parents, so, please..." Her voice had dropped several octaves by then as large tears started to fill her eyes, continuing, "Please let me be of use to you."

(Y/N) balked at the girl.

Her eyes then drew upwards towards Rem, pleading silently with the Shinigami for help.

The God merely shrugged.

Once Misa made up her mind, it was very difficult to persuade her otherwise.

(Y/N) groaned.

"(Y/N)?" A familiar voice called out to her, soon enough Light coming into view with a very confused expression when seeing the position she was in. "Is everything... okay? I waited for you by our usual meeting spot, but you weren't there. Am I interrupting something...?"

His eyes narrowed at Misa.

He didn't like how she was touching (Y/N)—she was acting far too friendly even though he presumed that they had just met.

"No..." (Y/N) exhaled as she tugged Misa to her feet, the girl gazing at Light with such a love struck expression that she wanted to face palm right then and there. "I was just helping Miss Amane up after she... tripped."

"Woah..." Misa sighed softly, her cheeks highlighted in a soft blush.

(Y/N) wanted to groan again.

This is why I didn't want to get involved with her, and why I didn't want Light to get involved with her.