四十五 | 𝐀𝐅𝐅𝐄𝐂𝐓

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

"Hi! I'm Amane Misa, (Y/N)'s close friend!" Misa introduced herself to the Task Force members when being brought to Headquarters after being blindfolded. "It's nice to meet you all!"

    "(Y/N), tell me again why you involved a citizen not apart of the Kira Investigation again?" L murmured as took a bite from the bowl of chocolate and vanilla ice cream in front of him, his dark eyes boring into said girl's form. "I'm sure you understand that any and all information here is strictly prohibited to outsiders like Miss Amane, isn't that correct?"

    "I'm fully aware of that, Ryuzaki," (Y/N) smiled. "But, I trust Misa."

    "It didn't sound like you trusted her or were all that close to her when she was filming at To-Oh," Light crossed his arms over his chest, looking all too peeved at the fact of Misa's presence.

    "We had a disagreement, okay?" Misa spoke out with a huff, acting to the point of complete perfection after being given the run down by (Y/N) of what she was supposed to do—regarding the fact that she could see L's name, she couldn't kill him unless she herself wanted to die, and she very much wanted to stay in (Y/N)'s good graces. "But we resolved that problem, didn't we, (Y/N)?"

    "Yes, Misa... I'm glad we did," (Y/N)'s smile widened. "And considering that she was nearby doing a shoot, I needed a favor. She only obliged."

    "I understand that... but now she's involved," L exhaled softly. "If she dies at the hands of Kira because of your actions today, then her death is on you. Would you be able to take that?"

    "Misa won't die," (Y/N) stated firmly.

    The detective's lips twitched.

    There it is again.

    That confidence... like she knows everything that is to happen.

    "Ryuzaki, considering that everything has gone well and both (Y/N) and Matsuda are safe, we should try and move forward to the best of our abilities," Soichiro set a hand on the man's shoulder, his lips set in a thin line. "I don't like the thought of putting an innocent civilian's life on the line either, but there's nothing we can do about it now. Our best bet is to see if we can now use Miss Amane to try and bait Kira's identity out from Yotsuba using Aiber as Eraldo Coil, like you suggested in the first place."

    "I promise that I won't say anything about this to anyone!" Misa declared with a raised hand. "And if you decide to work with me, I'll do anything you ask me to! I mean, this is a favor for (Y/N)."

    Said girl raised a brow.

    This is interesting.

    Misa... she's barely even looking at Light.