二十二 | 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

Misa was frustrated.

Rem could see that much, especially since she had been with the girl for many years now. The Shinigami knew that Misa had expected to find Kira at Aoyama, but her efforts were fruitless—same with Shibuya. But, what Misa didn't know and what Rem wasn't telling her was that there was someone there that had a connection with Kira: (Y/N).

So now, the God had to act on her questions.

Disappearing from Misa's room once the girl was asleep, Rem unfurled her large, bone-structured wings to fly into the night sky towards (Y/N)'s home. The sound of cars rushing down on the streets along with the rain falling from the sky resounded in her ears, her one piercing yellow eye like a striking match in her dark surroundings.

She was a vision of death.

So, imagine (Y/N)'s surprise when such a vision was standing above her bed when she blinked her eyes open from a deep slumber.

"Jesus, Rem!" She scowled at the Shinigami as she fumbled around for the light switch of the lamp on her nightstand, sitting up and rubbing her eyes before glaring up at the other. "You can't just drop by unannounced like this. Especially when I'm sleeping—it's weird to just stand there silently."

"Do know that I'm here for a reason," Rem merely replied monotonously.

"About Misa, correct?"

"Precisely."

"Well, tell me the reason you came here at this ungodly hour?" She groaned as she glanced at the clock to read that it was two in the morning.

"Ever since Kira has killed the man responsible for the deaths of her parents, Misa believes that she needs to meet him and thank him for what he's done," Rem announced as she leaned forward ever so slightly—looking more hunched than anything. "And considering the lengths you've gone to try and protect her from him, I suspect that meeting him will cause her nothing but misfortune."

"Exactly," (Y/N)'s eyes narrowed. "Which was why I took her Death Note in the first place. With no clue as to how Kira killed, she couldn't have garnered his attention. But now she has."

"Yes, indeed."

"And you must know, right? That those tapes she sent will have specific evidence linking her to being the second Kira?" (Y/N) gave the Shinigami a pointed look. "Do you know what they'd do to her if they apprehended her?"

Rem's entire aura darkened.

"No need to act so hostile," she then chuckled, her lips stretching into a rather amusing grin. "All you have to do is hinder Misa in trying to find Kira. That way, with no contact between them, the police won't even consider her a suspect. After all, if they do, the hairs and fibers collected from the tapes sent in will match the ones they'll likely find in her room once they've been granted a warrant. And you certainly don't want that, do you?"