三十一 | 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

    Walking back onto the To-Oh campus, (Y/N)'s eyes immediately narrowed when zeroing in on Misa posing in front of several cameras, a large crossed already gathered around her whilst whispering murmurs of adoration. She was dressed quite cutely with a long sleeved white top, a red cherry themed tank over that, and some loose fitting jeans that flared at the bottom to show off some black boots.

The girl nodded her head.

Misa did always have the best outfits.

"How long will this girl be here?" Light groaned in distaste. "It's quite a disruption."

(Y/N) stifled a laugh.

Looks like he'll never like her.

"She'll be here for only a few more days," she spoke after collecting herself and smoothing out her features, her lips still twitching with wanting to stretch into a grin upon Light's rather disgruntled expression as Misa's appearance. "I wouldn't worry too much about her. Let's just head to class."

    The two walked away.

    Misa's stare then bored into their forms.

    She wasn't surprised when seeing them as she had been expecting them. What she was surprised about was how the boy whom she initially assumed to be Kira had his lifespan floating under his name—this would have been impossible if he were a holder of a Death Note. Her gaze then flit to the girl beside him, and her eyes widened when her lifespan was nowhere to be seen.

    Misa blinked in shock.

    What?

    That doesn't make sense, unless...

    Did I see wrong?

As Misa fretted over what to do with the new situation she found herself in, (Y/N) wasn't worried at all. Already knowing hers and Light's schedule by heart, she knew that he had a lecture when she had a break—it would be the perfect time for her to slip away and speak to Misa while both Light and Mogi were occupied.

It was as if fate allowed it.

And when the clock struck the exact time when she and Light would split up, she felt as if a burden were about to be lifted off of her shoulders.

But then she met face to face with Misa.

Walking to the restroom near Misa's shoot, (Y/N) made it so that she would bump into her as casually as possible. After confirming that Misa was walking towards her through a crack in the door, she then began washing her hands in the sink as if she had just finished using the bathroom. And when the door opened, she lifted her gaze to meet Misa's; Rem was nowhere to be seen.

Silence tricked between them.

But then, (Y/N) smiled.

"Wow! I didn't think I'd run into you like this, Misa-Misa," she stated with fake enthusiasm as she tilted her head and closed her eyes. "I've wanted to meet you, but... not like this."

Misa gaped at her.

It was as if she were at a loss for words.

"Are you okay?" (Y/N) stepped forward after drying her hands, her (E/C) eyes calm and calculating.

"O-Of course!" Misa waved away her faux words of concern with a plastered on smile, her skin seeming to pale a shade as she took a step back—(Y/N) honestly wasn't expecting the reaction, but she found it amusing all the same. "If you wait for me outside, we can have a quick chat since I was just granted a twenty minute break."

"Sounds perfect," (Y/N) hummed as she walked out of the door and leaned against the wall.

Ryuk cackled above her.

It was certainly quite a show.

And they hadn't even got to the best part, so the Shinigami was practically shaking with anticipation and excitement.

    When Misa finally exited the bathroom, (Y/N) escorted her to a nearby bench that was well away from anyone or anything—a perfect spot to hide from others as well as to have conversations that weren't for the feint of heart. And in the girl's instance, she needed to make sure that no one overheard her talking to Misa. Glancing up at Rem who had been lingering outside of the bathroom since she was giving Misa privacy by not going in, she gave a subtle nod of her head.

    Rem's eyes narrowed.

    "So, uh..." Misa fiddled with her hands in her lap, her hazel eyes glancing up at (Y/N) every few seconds. "Would you like to look at my notebook?"

    "Sure."

    Pulling out the black notebook with that familiar white scrawl across the top, (Y/N) stared down at the book. She touched the cover despite already being able to see Rem, glancing up to make it seem as if it were her first time noticing the Shinigami, though. She didn't need Misa to realize that she already knew she was the second Kira.

"The second Kira... one who has the eyes..." (Y/N) mused as she slid her hand away. "That must be how you found me, correct?"

"Yes... and by chance, too," she murmured. "If I hadn't been shooting here, I'm not sure I would have ever found you. To be honest, when working through the police to try and find you, I felt as if I would be able to if I did that. I even sent in a journal in hopes of seeing you in some of the specific places I wrote down. I was really disappointed since it seems as if you didn't want me to find you..."

"You're right," (Y/N) exhaled. "I didn't."

"W-What? Why!?"

"It's true you followed Kira's ideals, but you've also been quite careless," she explained with a wave of her hand, looking as if she didn't care less about anything. "You killed innocents for my attention. I have to say I'm not too pleased about that. And what of those tapes you've sent in? If you slipped up in even the slightest ways, they would've found you and tortured you for information. Then they would have found out everything about the Death Note—about how Kira kills."

"But they didn't," Misa stated firmly, her expression tightening while her fingers curled into fists on her lap. "More than anything I want to help you, so please... please let me be your eyes."

"I don't need you," (Y/N) stood up. "I never will. Goodbye, Miss Amane."

And with that, she walked away.