七十五 | 𝐀𝐃𝐕𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐀𝐆𝐄

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

    "You stole what was mine, why?" (Y/N) demanded of Light once they were finally alone in her room at Headquarters, her arms crossed over her chest while a dangerous look resides within her (E/C) eyes—a look that the boy absolutely adored. "Well? Are you going to answer me?"

    Ryuk stood behind Light, laughing.

    Rem stood behind her—she didn't have any particular reaction.

    "'Stole?'" Light quoted after a moment with a smirk. "I believe you're mistaken. It's more like, 'took back what was mine.'"

    "So you remember?" Her eyes narrowed.

    "Naturally."

    (Y/N) stayed still as she watched Light approach her, soon enough his lips brushing against her forehead, sparks seeming to erupt from the skin to skin contact. Not even a moment later, his arms intertwined around her like a cage, keeping her rooted to the spot, incapable of moving.

    "Is this is what you want?" The girl murmured softly as she embraced him back, listening to the way his heart beat rhythmically in his chest. "For the Kira investigation to always be ongoing? For L to always be suspicious of you? Because that's what's going to happen after such a slip up with you killing off Mikami Teru."

    Pulling back, he sighed, tucking a lock of her (H/L) hair behind her ear.

    "What?" She exhaled. "You know it's true."

    "I just wish my Goddess wouldn't be so mad at me for killing off the one that took her attention," Light's eyes darkened to a dangerous and rather oppressive degree. "Attention that should only be mine."

    (Y/N) stared up at him.

    She didn't want to admit it, but she could feel her legs trembling at such a statement.

    The effect was only ruined by Ryuk's grating laughter behind them, his grin widening to showcase his jagged teeth as he said, "Now this is interesting. Two killers falling for one another. How sweet."

    "I only did what was necessary," (Y/N) snapped back at the Shinigami.

    "Necessary for what?" Light questioned.

     "To avoid your death... and L's."

    Freezing at her confession, his grip on her tightening, he then scowled as he pulled away to walk towards the only window in her room. The curtains were drawn back to reveal the street down below and the way the rain splattered against the glass, a rather grim night that went well with the topic of conversation.

    Light's mood only withered.

    Why can't she only depend on me?

    Why?