五十五 | 𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

    The Task Force Headquarters was tense.

    Too tense.

    "Watari," L pressed a button on the intercom microphone in front of him, a gothic 'W' switching on the large screens. "Has Higuchi awoken yet? If so, has he said anything?"

   "Yes, he's awake," Watari responded. "But he hasn't said a word yet."

   "Get me a visual of him, will you?"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes... and quickly."

The screen switched on to reveal Higuchi in an undisclosed and bare white room with a metal blindfold on strapped to an upright dolly in a straight jacket, rendering him unable to move or see. From the speakers, he was breathing heavily, sweat dripping down his forehead from the blaring white lights that were on him. (Y/N) placed her hand on the back of L's chair, her lips pursing when seeing him tied up in the same way Misa had been during her time of confinement in the original plot.

    "Watari," L spoke again. "Take the necessary precautions, but beyond that, you're free to do whatever needs to be done, okay? Just make him speak." Turning to the rest of Task Force, he stared blankly, "This is a necessary precaution, I'm afraid. We already have enough evidence to convict him as Kira, but I need to know how he kills, and whether or not he is the only one with this ability."

    "What do you mean by that, Ryuzaki?" Soichiro stepped forward.

    "If (Y/N)'s theory—which I believe to be correct—about Kira's power switching from one person to the other is correct, we need to make sure said power doesn't fall into the wrong hands again," he muttered, pressing his thumb to his lips.

    (Y/N) crossed her arms over her chest.

    It's okay, L.

    You won't have to go through this again—at least, not from Light or Misa.

    You'll never figure it out.

    But that's only because I didn't want you to.

    It'll be fine.

    Several days passed while Higuchi was in custody. (Y/N) had been able to burn the pages that Higuchi had used from her crafted Death Note along with re-sewing the real cover back with the real pages in that time, her satisfaction growing as everything continued to go according to plan. Ryuk found himself immensely entertained by everything she did, along with being satiated by the apples he would be given by her every single week.

    Misa had already been informed of (Y/N)'s plan from the start the moment she became involved. It would have been too risky for her not to know.

    The results were satisfying.