六十五 | 𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐋𝐎𝐏𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

    When (Y/N) woke up that next morning, her lower back felt sore, a smile tugging sleepily onto her lips when remembering what she and L did last night. She had always felt that there was something between them, but she hadn't expected for L to act on whatever that was first.

    She had to say she was surprised.

    Pleasantly, so.

    Picking herself up with the sheets wrapped around her body when finding L was no longer beside her or even in the room, she glanced around until spotting a piece of paper on the nightstand with a neatly printed note in English on top:

    Good morning, (Y/N),

    I'm sorry I left without waking you, but you looked much too peaceful for me to disturb you. Something urgent has come up, so please meet me down in the main hall.

    L
    ( P.S. Watari has breakfast for you if you're hungry, and pain killers if you need it )

    (Y/N) placed a hand over her mouth to hide her smile, knowing exactly why he would want to provide her with pain killers. Getting herself dressed and ready like L asked, she located Watari before eating breakfast and snagging a pain killer. Not even a moment later, she was descending the glass steps down to the main hall where she could see L sitting down surrounded by the rest of the Task Force—including Light.

    She wasn't surprised.

    After all, Kira's power had transferred again.

    "Good morning, everyone!" (Y/N) called down cheerfully, stopping the conversation and making everyone's eyes turn upwards to her.

    L's gaze softened.

    It was such an obvious reaction to her presence that Light immediately noticed the shift in his expression. Gritting his teeth hard, grounding them together until he was sure his jaw would crack, Light watched as (Y/N) sat down beside L who in turn immediately rolled her chair closer to his own. And as his fists tightened to the point that visible veins could be seen scrawling across his skin, his envy and jealousy only grew.

    He thought he was above such petty emotions.

    Clearly, he wasn't.

    Something happened last night.

    But what?

    "Hey, (Y/N)!" Matsuda called cheerfully as he waved at her. "Guess you were called back too, huh? I can't believe Kira has started killing again after two months. I feel like this is a nightmare that will never end, ugh."

    "The killings started only yesterday, but already there are over a hundred victims," Soichiro exhaled softly in disbelief.

    "Hm..." (Y/N) hummed.