四十四 | 𝐂𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐔𝐏

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

"Hey, who the hell are you!?" A rather angry voice exclaimed towards Matsuda.

    Matsuda could only stare in shock at the eight pairs of suspicious and narrowed eyes directed towards him. He hadn't meant to fall into the room of the meeting—he hadn't meant to be seen at all. All he needed was for evidence that Yotsuba was working with Kira, and when he finally obtained it, such joy was cut short when the door he was leaning against to eavesdrop was opened.

    So, now, there he was, on the floor on his knees, trying to think of a believable excuse. He was quick to send an emergency signal to L.

    The sound of footsteps then distracted him.

    "Hello!" A cheerful voice exclaimed from behind Matsuda, the man turning to see (Y/N) walking towards him with an easy-going smile on her face—as if nothing were wrong even though everything was. "I'm so sorry my colleague barged in like this, gentlemen. He's just a bit impatient."

    "And who are you?" One of the eight men declared in a rather hostile tone.

    "My name is (fake last name, fake first name)," (Y/N) declared as she pulled out both the fake business card that she had Misa make, along with said girl's profile photo. "My colleague there is Matsui Taro. We're both agents with Yoshida Productions. We just stopped by to ask if your company would be interested in using our top multi-talented star, Amane Misa, as your new spokesperson?"

    Her smile widened.

    God-fucking-dammit.

    I didn't want to involve Misa, but it looks like I have no choice.

    Nothing against you, though, Matsuda.

    Still love ya!

It wasn't long before she and Matsuda were seated in front of Shingo Mido, a man with swooping brown hair and glasses, and Arayoshi Hatori, a man with small dark eyes and short bleached hair. It was there that L called Matsuda to find out what trouble he was in. From there, (Y/N) had been able to subtly contact Misa and explain to her that she was a part of the Kira Investigation, and then connect her to L. This led her to the current moment at hand.

"Good evening!" A gaggle of girls announced at the same time, all dressed in the same heart-shaped crop top and mini skirts as Misa in a variety of colors, the group currently standing inside a warmly lit sitting hotel room, a table filled with delicious looking foods and drinks set out. "We're very pleased to meet you!"

    "Tonight, I'll be entertaining you as our special guests along with the girls from the agency," Misa explained as she gestured to the others, the Yotsuba Group executives merely staring at them.

Silence soon overtook the room.

     "Hey. Is it just me, or is this getting weird?" One of the men, Suguru Shimura, questioned, turning his rather threatening gaze to both Matsuda and (Y/N).

    "Hm, well it can't be helped," Mido replied, tugging loosely on his tie. "Right now, we can't afford to leave Misa's agent alone for a second. Either of them."

    (Y/N) could feel his dark eyes on her, merely giving them all a smile.

    "Let's just go with it," Takahashi sighed as he removed his shoes to slip his feet into the heart dotted slippers provided. "I'm gonna enjoy myself."

The men mumbled to themselves as they all started filing in, the girls immediately smiling brighter as they attended to them. Sitting down, they eventually eased up a little, talking animatedly to the girls next to them, slinging their coats off, and enjoying the good food and alcohol. (Y/N) stood off to the side with a cup in her hand while she sipped silently, her gaze trailing to Higuchi and then to Matsuda every once and a while.

    This is a lot more fun knowing what's going to happen next.

    Especially if you can meddle.

    "Hello."

    She startled slightly at the sudden greeting, turning her gaze to look into the bright blue eyes of Reiji Namikawa, a small, charming smile settling on his lips that made her breathless.

"Hi," she returned the look. "What can I do for you, sir?"

    "Oh, I just thought a small chat with you would be nice," Reiji hummed as he nodded towards his colleagues drinking and laughing with the other girls. "Unlike my co-workers, this kind of environment is not really my scene."

    "I agree. My client certainly has... interesting tastes. However, she is a good person."

As (Y/N) continued conversing with Reiji, through the planted camera lenses on the other side of room, Light and L sat in the main hall of the Task Force Headquarters. And even though they were supposed to be focused on Matsuda, their eyes were instead on (Y/N), recalling the conversation between them just hours earlier. It was a wonder to them how quick she had been able to think of a plan to somehow get Matsuda out of the predicament he had gotten himself in. What L didn't like was how she had involved someone outside of the Task Force, but desperate times called for desperate measures.

    Yet, something still bothered him.

    Bothered both himself and Light.

    And as they stared at (Y/N) and Reiji, irritated, it was obvious what they were thinking.

    Their expressions further degraded while soft groans of distaste left their lips when Reiji leaned closer to (Y/N) to whisper something into her ear. At that, L and Light exchanged glances, something passing between their gazes that made them both give each other equal deep frowns. It wasn't long before Matsuda called them.

    It was only then did they stage the whole accident of Matsuda falling to his death.

    Since (Y/N) had entered the room after Matsuda and was seen by all eight executives of Yotsuba walking towards them from a distance aways, she had no need to fake her death, and considering the way that Higuchi had been eyeing her in a lecherous manner, she didn't think he would kill her off either. And with the staged accident, the night wrapped up with no further incidents.

 And with the staged accident, the night wrapped up with no further incidents