四十三 | 𝐈𝐌𝐏𝐔𝐋𝐒𝐈𝐕𝐄

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

    (Y/N) glanced sideways at Matsuda who stood beside her, a warm cup of coffee in both of their hands while they staked out the Yotsuba group's main Tokyo office. When she offered to go with Matsuda to scope out the layout, the security rotations, etc, L and Light vehemently denied her request, stating that she would be much more useful back in the main office with them. However, from watching the anime and then seeing in real life the look on Matsuda's face when Soichiro talked about dead weight and how disheartened he looked, she wanted to make sure she was with him.

    Oh, Matsuda...

    Letting out a small sigh, (Y/N) then turned her attention back to the scene in front of her: Takeshi Ooi and Reiji Namikawa discussing something privately in front of a sleek black car.

They were too far away for anything to be heard, and it would be too much of a risk to travel any closer. Finally, the two went inside and could be seen through the glass windows entering an elevator that promptly took them up to an unknown floor. The sound of something crumpling to (Y/N)'s right caught her attention, and she glanced over to Matsuda to see he had partially crushed his coffee cup while his brows furrowed.

"Matsuda..." she mumbled, keeping her expression cool and her eyes forward. "I know what you're thinking. That's risky."

"I know," he answered, not even bothering to look over at her since he was far too consumed with his thoughts. "Don't worry. I won't do anything to hinder the investigation, if that's what you're thinking, (L/N)."

She nodded in approval.

Excusing herself to use the bathroom and throw away her bow empty coffee cup, she knew she had only been gone for less than five minutes when she came back to the spot where she had left Matsuda at only to find him gone. She closed her eyes while her fingers curled into fists, knowing that his cover as Misa's manager originally wouldn't be useful to him since that wasn't the case anymore.

Goddammit.

"(Y/N)?" A familiar voice hesitantly spoke, the girl slowly turning to see Misa behind her decked out in a beautiful, shimmering white dress complete with a flower crown and wings that gave the desired affect of making her look like an angel.

    (Y/N)'s eyes flicked to Rem looming behind her.

    "It is you!" Misa cheered happily, her pale cheeks dusting ever so slightly with a pink blush, her hair that wasn't in its usual two pigtails shifting with her movements. "I-I didn't expect to see you again so soon! Did you come to see my shoot? Wait, no, you wouldn't do that... so... why are you here?"

    (Y/N) stared at her.

    Misa blinked back with a small smile.

    "I guess I was wrong," (Y/N) finally muttered as she ran a hand through her (H/C) hair, wondering just what this show wanted from her. "I think I do need you after all, Misa."