七十七 | 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐈𝐍𝐃

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

"I need to speak with the both of you," (Y/N) announced the next morning to both L and Light after all three of them had slept in the same bed—she squashed in between the two men who kept arguing over who would be able to hold her more. "And I'm sure you'll want to hear this."

    "I'll gladly listen to you speak for hours," L murmured softly as he came up and hugged her from behind, inhaling her scent softly.

    Light scowled from where he stood buttoning up his shirt, his eyes darkening.

    "That's good since this will likely be a very long discussion," (Y/N) sighed as she sat down opposite the bed where she directed the two men to sit, her brows furrowing when thinking about what would need to happen for a satisfying ending to the plot of Death Note as a whole. "From last evening's events, you know that I have feelings for the both of you. But then again, you dislike each other."

    "We both want you," Light frowned as he crossed his arms. "And that's a problem."

    "I don't see why it has to be," she shook her head.

    "What exactly are you suggesting?" L muttered, his dark eyes narrowing as he bit the cuticle of his thumb, his stare unwavering.

    "That I date both of you."

    They blinked at her.

    Then, a slow and almost haunting chuckle could be heard from Light before it gradually crescendoed into a mad and chaotic sound. He shook his head in disbelief at what (Y/N) was suggesting, finding that once more she humored and amused him in more ways than one. He would never share her with L, no matter what she said and no matter what she threatened. His hubris—his conceited nature that desired to be a god—would never allow himself to stoop as low as to share what he desired with the person he perceived as his enemy.

    (Y/N) exhaled softly.

    She knew Light would have this reaction once she even offered up the idea.

    The Light she perceived before and after he picked up the Death Note was a very different man. She even remembered that the creator of Death Note said that if Ryuk never dropped his notebook and if Light never picked it up, he would've gone on to become one of the best and most respected police officer's of his time—he would even work beside L and together would solve many cases together instead of devolving into what he hated the most: a criminal.

    So... how do I get Ryuk's notebook back?

    If anything, Light's hid it in the exact same spot as last time now that he has it.

    Her eyes widened.

    That's it.

"From Light's reaction, his answer is obvious," L suddenly spoke, cutting through her thoughts and making her eyes meet his. "And for once, I agree with him. I would never allow for you to ever be with anyone other than me."