二十九 | 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

    Holding the Death Note before her, (Y/N) couldn't stop the rather victory-stricken grin that crossed her lips. Ryuk watched such a victory flicker through her (E/C) eyes, and his raspy chuckle soon filled the walls of her room.

    "I'm proud of you, Ryuk," she then murmured as she set the Death Note down.

    "You flatter me."

    "Here," she tossed a shiny, red apple towards him that he easily caught between his two hands, even lunging forwards to grab it. "For your efforts, and for going through with your end of our deal. This is me upholding my end, with plenty more apples on the way if you continue to help me."

    "You know," Ryuk munched on his apple before completely swallowing the core. "I think I like you more than Light."

    "Naturally."

"But, I have to say, I'm impressed you were able to manipulate the rules of the Death Note into such a grey area," Ryuk continued as he sat down on the edge of her bed, his elbows resting against his knees. "To think that all I had to do was plug my ears so that Light's question was turned into a statement. You're quite the dangerous human, aren't you? And considering I've been around the one known as Kira, that's saying something, hehe."

"It's a gift of mine, really," (Y/N) hummed as she tapped her finger against the arm of her chair.

To manipulate people...

To get exactly what you want out of them...

Light and I are more alike than not in that aspect, spots only natural it would come so easily.

"Now, all that's left to do is find a way to meet Misa without Light or Mogi knowing..." she murmured, cupping her chin and crossing her leg whilst thinking about how L assigned Mogi to tail Light which inevitably allowed for them to uncover Misa's identity as the second Kira. "After all, if they did find out, it would make everything I'm trying to do worthless. And considering that Rem doesn't want Misa to forget about her, I have no choice but to go around the fact that I can't just take her Death Note. I've already tried that once."

    "Ooh, seems someone isn't too happy about that," Ryuk cackled, making (Y/N) shoot him a rather bitter glare.

She then exhaled.

He is right, though—I'm not happy about that.

She drummed her fingers in a rather agitated manner as her thoughts whirred. If she had been brought into the anime prior to the plot, she could have found the man fated to kill Misa and stop him instead of Gelus writing his name in the Death Note. If that had happened, Misa could have avoided her descent into being the second Kira and Rem would have avoided falling for her that would inevitably lead to her own death at Light's plans.