六十 | 𝐀𝐂𝐂𝐔𝐒𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

"So the reason you didn't want Light here... was because you think he murdered Rin?" (Y/N) blinked at L in disbelief, having not even known that the boy was missing at all until just then. "That's... I mean... how did you even come to this conclusion?"

    "It's quite simple, really," L started as he graciously took a cup of coffee that Watari had brought in, adding more than enough sugar cubes to the dark liquid that made a small plopping sound when hitting the drink's surface. "Since I've met you, you've always had keen observation skills, yet it seems that even with your competent skill set, you're still inept to what's right in front of you."

    "I'm sorry? What do you mean by that?" She countered, slightly offended by his words.

    "What I mean is that your friendship with Light has blinded you to many things about your relationship—including his jealousy towards Nakashima Rin," L concluded, watching as her expression didn't change, a factor that made him wonder if she already knew. "It's a weak motive—jealousy, that is—but if stoked long enough, can turn into a lethal weapon."

    "And you think Light's jealousy twisted to the point where he acted out on his emotions and killed Rin?" (Y/N) scoffed at the absurdity.

    "Precisely."

    Her brows furrowed.

    What is going on?

    Murdering someone like that isn't Light's style—he wouldn't expose himself like that.

    What am I missing?

    "The police were the ones that finally found him," L further commented with a slurp of his drink. "Well... some of him."

    The horrifying meaning of his words easily sank in. (Y/N) felt her whole body ice over, the thought of someone that she had known, had seen alive breathing, speaking, smiling, now dead twisting knots in her stomach—it wasn't a pleasant feeling. And it was a feeling that she never wanted to experience ever again.

"The police first found traces of Nakashima's blood in a nearby alleyway where he worked," L continued, paying no heed to the girl's obvious discomfort it seemed. "Following the scattered trail, they found his body cut up and strewn about in the woods. The pictures they collected were quite gruesome."

"Could I... see the pictures you mentioned?" (Y/N) requested tentatively, swallowing thickly.

"Yes. I thought you'd ask that," L agreed, reaching beside him to pull from a filing drawer a thick folder before handing it over.

    She immediately wanted to throw up.

You...

You can't even tell this was once a person!