六十四 | 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

It was the same thing every day for Teru Mikami: wake up, work, eat, sleep, and repeat. Day in, and day out, it was always the same; nothing ever changed. That was, until one day, something happened. It was the sudden realization that every person he seemed to have deemed evil would be taken care of—would be killed off.

It was as if someone could hear him.

He wondered if he was special.

If it were just a coincidence.

But in the end, to him, it didn't matter. He knew that divine judgement would be brought upon all evil. And if it wasn't, then someone had take it up themselves to punish evil—the very reason why he became a prosecutor. It was the role of the prosecutor to see that evil was brought to justice, an ideal job for Teru.

Teru currently smirked.

But, then...

God came before me.

It had just been a normal day for him, having just gotten off of work, when it happened: a newspaper article, telling of someone by the alias Kira killing off a stave of evil-doers. In that moment, he knew that everything that had been happening around him hadn't been coincidence after all since as it turned out, someone had hear him.

Who knew it would be God Himself though?

It was divine justice.

God had been watching me. He had seen how I did not surrender to evil, reaching out His hand and punishing the evil people for me.

Once I realized that, I started frequenting places where God was bound to be watching.

And then it happened.

Teru smiled to himself as he held the black notebook in his hands, the words 'Death Note' scrawled in white ink on the top, Rem lurking behind him in the shadows.

"God recognized me, as I had always hoped. Not only that, but He found me worthy of sharing His power to eliminate evil," he smiled wickedly, now sitting at a large desk at the end of a long, sterile lit hallway, the journal open in front of him, a pen in hand and writing as he spoke. "With this, it doesn't matter if I can't hear His voice. I shall figure out what Kira wants and carry out His will."

Rem had said nothing up till that point, having nothing to even mention to the clearly deranged man as he muttered the same word over and over again.

"Delete, delete, delete, delete..."

(Y/N)...

How can I trust her?