五十二 | 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐄

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

Higuchi was pleased.

He was more than pleased, actually.

Not only did he have his power as Kira, but once he obtained Misa as his wife, he would have her Shinigami eyes—at least, that's what he thought since he didn't know of the plan that was broiling within Task Force Headquarters at that very moment. In fact, he was as relaxed as he could be, currently sitting in his newly constructed dampening room for his position as Kira.

His legs were crossed.

He had a full glass of wine in his hand.

His smile was ecstatic.

After three days of not killing criminals, he knew it wouldn't be long before Yotsuba was fully and finally under his control.

His grin dropped when the phone rang.

Reiji Namikawa was the one on the other line, informing Higuchi to tune in to Sakura TV. At first, when he did, he thought it was just a joke. But when the disembodied voice behind the frosted window began claiming to have seen and heard what had been going on in meetings eerily like that at Yotsuba, along with an accident revealing a familiar face, Higuchi knew that this was no mistake.

His teeth grit and his fists tightened.

    "It's Misa's manager. Matsui, that's his name," Higuchi proclaimed darkly to Reiji, his grip on the phone tightening. "Why is he still alive?"

"He explained earlier that he thought he was going to be killed," Reiji answered easily as he smoothened down his tie. "He only pretended to fall out of the apartment window so he could then escape to a balcony a few floors below."

Higuchi shook his head.

    That can't be...

    Just to be careful, I went home that night and wrote his name in the notebook like it was written on his business card.

    Why is he still alive then?

    Could he be a former entertainer who became a manager using his stage name?

    Is that possible?

    "If that weren't bad enough, he said he continued to investigate Yotsuba up until now and he's figured out which one of us is Kira," Reiji resumed explaining the events of the earlier broadcast. "I'm contacting everyone right now to let them know."

    "Alright, we'll talk later," Higuchi hung up the phone before slamming his fists on the table in front of him, his teeth grit in rage.

    I have to kill him!

    Settling back down on the couch, Higuchi let out a slow exhale as he tried to calm his ragged breathing. Knowing that Misa knew Matsuda's face and actual name of she truly did have the Shinigami eyes, he would just have to call her. Standing up and dialing the girl's number, he waited. Misa, currently standing with everyone in the main hall of Headquarters, jumped when her phone buzzed in her pocket, pulling it out to see Higuchi's name written across the screen.