十 | 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

    Today would've been the day that Light would've tried to kill Naomi Misora... I'm glad she didn't fall victim to him.

    (Y/N) smiled to herself at the thought about an hour after she returned home from school, having been lying around but deciding to then accompany Light on his trip to meet his father. Hopping up from her bed, she then grabbed her coat and purse before walking out of the door and locking it behind her. Light, who had been just exiting his house, blinked in surprise when seeing her, the sound having drawn his attention.

    "Hey, (L— (Y/N)," Light greeted with a small wave as he walked up to her, the bag that held his father's change of clothes swinging as he walked. "Where are you going?"

    "I was just about to come over and see what you were doing," she shrugged, her eyes glancing down to the bag he held in his hand. "Did I catch you at a bad time? I could always come back later if you're busy right now?"

    "Oh, no, I'm not busy," Light quickly corrected her as he gestured with his head for her to accompany him, something she complied with as she fell into step beside him. "These are clothes for my father that I was going to drop off at the police station. As you know, he's been pulling all nighters working on the Kira case."

    "Oh? That's the case he's working on?" (Y/N) friend ignorance. "That's got to be tough."

    "Yeah. He hasn't been home for a couple days. It's been rough on him."

    "Well, I'm glad to keep you company."

    "As am I," Light smiled.

    Ryuk, who had been mindlessly eating an apple behind them, cackled at the boy's words. And for Light, he couldn't help but feel his brow twitch at the sound, wondering just what was wrong with the Shinigami. His behavior had been aggravating Light for some time now, especially whenever around (Y/N). He made a mental not to question Ryuk later, finding that his mood had significantly dipped.

    "What are you thinking about?" (Y/N)'s question snapped Light from his thoughts.

    "Huh? Oh, nothing."

    "You sure? You looked kind of annoyed."

    "Yeah, just thinking about the Kira case and how frustrating it is to see my dad working so hard because of him," Light lied with ease.

    His mind was anywhere but, though.

    Huh...

    She was able to read my expression so easily despite my masking of such emotions...

    "I get what you're saying," (Y/N) nodded along as she let het eyes trail down the road they were walking alone. "With the way Kira kills and how he's been so elusive, keeping the police on their toes, it's hard to believe he's even a human at all..."