七十三 | 𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

1 hour before (Y/N) meets Teru

She's hiding something.

But what?

Light tapped his finger in agitation against the metal table that held the variety of computers and monitors of the main hall within Headquarters as he stared at (Y/N), his dark eyes narrowed in agitation and frustration. Not even a moment later when he found nothing from her calm expression, he exhaled slowly before propping his head up.

    I want to know.

    From how calm she seems in reacting to both L and I... to everything else.

    I need to know.

    "What are you thinking about so deeply?" L asked since he was sitting right beside Light, preoccupied with a crêpe that he had torn a piece off of and was pinched between his thumb and pointer finger yet not to the point where he couldn't notice his growing frustrations. "You've been staring at that computer for the last five minutes, and I don't find anything about a blank screen particularly interesting."

    "It's (Y/N)," Light responded stoically, sliding his gaze to the corner of his eye to gauge the detective's reaction, finding nothing but a blank expression. "But I'm sure you already knew that."

    "I did," L nodded. "After everything that's happened, I'm sure she's the only thing on your mind at the moment."

    "And I'm sure the same applies to you."

    L's hands that were bringing the treat to his mouth stopped, and as he blinked his owlish eyes slowly when turning to meet Light's gaze, he then responded with a soft, "Yes... the same does apply to me. I cannot say I'm not surprised that you've caught on to that notion."

    "The existence of such a truth is irritating to me," Light scowled as he crossed his arms.

    "We can only wait for here," L then continued as he licked the access sugar from the crêpe off his fingers. "As it is not our decision to make."

    "You say that with confidence," Light scoffed, turning his face away to hide his anger that was growing, and to hide the jealousy that was boiling over at the plain fact that the woman he desired might not feel as much affection as he did her. "And what if her decision isn't the one you want? What then for you?"

    L didn't speak right away.

    He turned his eyes upwards, as if contemplating how to answer such a question.

    Then, he turned towards Light, and with a dead look to his eyes and a dark tone to his voice, he said, "Then I will change that decision. One way or another, I will have my desired outcome."