四十七 | 𝐒𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐘

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

    When L opened the doors to a lavish room, he, Light, and (Y/N) found Aiber already slouching lazily on the couch, a drink in his hand whilst listening with a bored expression to Misa talking about the latest trends in the fashion industry. When his eyes caught on the three, a smile then crossed his rugged face as he leaned forward eagerly, obviously having been very bored until their arrival.

"So, I trust you are ready to begin?" The detective inquired, pulling a cone microphone out of nowhere.

"Yes," Aiber replied with a sigh, thankful to get out of the conversation with Misa, instead folding his hands together as his eyes pierced hers. "Tell me Misa, is it true that you once said that you came to Tokyo in order to meet Ki—?"

"What!?" She exclaimed dramatically, throwing herself backwards as her eyes and lips formed into the shape of an 'o.'

L groaned, hitting the cone lightly on the top of her head before placing it to his lips to instruct, "Misa, please stop overreacting. It looks too cheesy, not to mention fake."

"Aw, but I thought that was a realistic performance," she pouted over the head of the couch, lips pursed—that was, until she caught (Y/N)'s gaze, swallowing from the dangerous warning a lit in the (E/C) hues. "F-Fine. I'll do as you say and not overreact anymore. Since I'm helping (Y/N), be thankful to her that I'm doing this at all."

"Just do it again," L exhaled.

"Whatever you say, oh, so great director..." Misa rolled her eyes as she turned away from him.

"If you don't get serious about this, I'll kick you."

"Hmph."

(Y/N)'s lips curved upwards.

    Seems this is going just as expected...

    "Hey, (Y/N)..." Light placed a hand on her shoulder, drawing her attention away from her thought, his dark eyes brimming with worry. "About you going with Misa, can't you let someone else go instead? Like Mogi, for instance?"

    "As Misa's agent, I have to go," she said, placing her hand over his, not seeming to realize—or pretending not to notice—just how affected he was by that one little action. "It would be strange if I wasn't there, and you know that. But, if it makes you feel any better, I'll just take Mogi with me instead of letting him replace me. He can instead replace Matsuda as Misa's second agent. Does that sound fair to you, Light?"

    "Sure," he gave her a tight grin.

    He then looked away, his expression darkening.

This is getting annoying...

Though Light had promised himself to wind (Y/N) around his finger, he found his mind consumed with thoughts only about her. It meant that he was the one instead falling victim to her charm and appeals, and it was starting to show. His eyes would always follow her, he would naturally lean in her direction, and he always seemed so much more inclined to converse with her than anyone else.