五十九 | 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

    Light tapped his finger against his desk.

    Currently, he was in his room while (Y/N) met with L, his hand propping his head up while his dark eyes gazed blankly ahead. His mind was consumed with thoughts of the girl, and although he tried to deny said thoughts in the beginning, he now readily welcomed them with open arms.

Ryuzaki...

He needs to be eliminated.

"After everything I've done to remove Nakashima Rin from her life..." Light's jaw tightened while his eyes narrowed, agitation tearing through him. "...now there's a new problem."

Unknown to Light who was muttering darkly under his breath at that point, Ryuk had decided to visit his old pal just for the heck of it since he had been noticing some very interesting things about him recently. And now that he was seeing things with his own eyes, he realized he was right. He grunted in confusion when he suddenly glanced to his right to see that Rem had materialized in the room as well, glancing around as if trying to find someone.

"Hah? Rem? What are you doing here?" Ryuk turned towards the other Shinigami.

"I was looking for (Y/N)," she answered.

"Why?"

"Misa can't reach her on her cell, and was wanting to see her," was all Rem answered, Ryuk merely staring at her blankly.

"Is that it?" He grunted again.

"Yes."

"You're a Shinigami, not someone that runs errands for a human!" Ryuk shook his head in disbelief at the other God of Death, shuddering at the thought of what would become of him if he ever gained feelings for a human—not that such an occurrence would ever happen. "And anyways, (Y/N) isn't here right now. She went to meet L."

"Why are you here, then?" Rem pointed a bony finger at Ryuk. "Aren't you attached to her?"

"Yeah, but I thought something more interesting would happen with Light," Ryuk cackled as he gestured with his head towards the boy still muttering about how he would kill L, his chains rattling as he did so. "You should have seen what he did last time..."

Rem's one eye narrowed.

    "I don't think you know him, but he was a kid that was barely around (Y/N), and as soon as they spent a day together, Light was quick to act," Ryuk continued with full on laughter at that point, having to use the wall to support himself since he was practically bending backwards by that point. "It seems we'll have an interesting show on our hands in the next few days, won't we?"

    His yellow eyes glimmered dangerously.

    Rem didn't say anything to that, instead turning her gaze back towards Light Yagami. She was standing just so where she could see the side profile of his face, something that allowed her to observe every little movement and twitch of his expression. She had always been an observer, and such a fact had only made her senses all the more keen. Yet because of those very senses, she found herself sickened to her very core.