七十二 | 𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐀𝐂𝐇

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

    There he is.

    (Y/N) looked up at the sound of the rattling of keys and the doorknob turning to Teru's large apartment, signaling that he was home. After having followed him for several days, she knew his schedule by heart, meaning she also knew the exact time when he got off work and the window of time she would have to pick the lock to his apartment. And as soon as Teru opened the door, he knew instantly that something was wrong: the lights and heat were on, and there was a smaller pair of shoes by the steps.

    Someone was there.

    Narrowing his eyes, he set his briefcase down and slid off his jacket to then hang the clothing up on the hook, his shoes then coming off next so he could walk further into the apartment. Loosening his tie just as he walked into the living room, his jaw slackened when seeing who it was inside.

    God.

    God is here, in my home.

    (Y/N) was sitting casually on his couch with her head propped up and a serene smile resting on her lips. The look was enough to make him fall to his knees, his eyes wide in adoration.

    "Ah, Mikami Teru," she greeted as she sat up straighter and patted the seat next to her for him to also sit, watching as he didn't move a single inch and merely continued to kneel in front of her—worshipping her and appraising her with those intense dark eyes of his. "I see that you're finally back. Considering your reaction, I'm sure you already know who I am, so let's skip the formalities, shall we?"

    "Y-Yes," he stuttered, a rather desperate grin tugging on his expression.

    "Good... to start off, I am Kira."

    "I know..." Teru murmured as he balled his fingers into fists on his legs where he sat, his head tilting downwards so that his hair covered any indicator of what he was feeling. "I've... been watching you, God, and I see that the reason that you have chosen me is because you have also been watching me."

    "That's correct."

    Teru's lips twitched, his eyes wide.

    This is truly thrilling.

    I know that this is my God because I cannot see Her lifespan... meaning She is telling the truth, something that I have not doubted for a second.

    But why is She here?

    Has something happened?

    Was it... to inform me of Her plans in person?

"I'm sure by now that you're wondering why I am here," (Y/N) started speaking again, voicing his thoughts exactly. "Considering my position is no longer compromised, I'm here to tell you this: L is starting to grow suspicious of you. I suggest you heed caution—about your position, and about your connection with me. That is all."