二十七 | 𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

When (Y/N) woke up that next morning, she didn't know why, but a particular sense of dread soon came over her. And when entering the school grounds of To-Oh with Light, she instantly knew why upon sight of Misa casually talking with fans of hers while a camera crew and workers set up what looked to be a set for her modeling career.

    She froze.

    Ah, shit.

    Does this world really not want to change?

    What da fack!?

"(Y/N)?" Light frowned down at her as he readjusted his bag that he had currently hanging off of one shoulder, staring at her with a type of worry reflected in his dark eyes. "Something wrong?"

"No... let's just go away from here," she said as she grabbed his arm and tried to tug him away from Misa, slightly panicking since she knew that the girl would be able to pick Light out of the crowd as Kira since she had the eyes—she had halved her life again since criminals whose names weren't broadcasted kept dying—and would not be able to see his lifespan as another holder of the Death Note.

"Why?" The boy hummed as he turned towards where Misa was still chatting with her fans. "Do you not like that girl?"

Should I kill her?

"No!" (Y/N) immediately disrupted the thought she knew he was having—she knew that look on his face when he thought of killing someone. "It's just... she's so beautiful I'm worried you've now fallen for her just from seeing her."

"Do you think I'm that vain?" He smirked.

She blinked.

"Yes."

"I'm wounded," Light placed his hand on his chest where his heart was, that sky smirk still present on his lips as he gazed at (Y/N) with a look that made her knees go weak. "And fortunately, you don't need to worry. She doesn't seem to be my type. Not only that, but she draws too much attention. Besides..." Trailing off whilst raking a hand through his hair, he muttered, "I already have my eye on someone..."

"What?" (Y/N) tilted her head, having not caught that last part of what he said.

"Nothing. Let's go."

(Y/N) let out a breath of relief as she followed Light away from Misa's shoot. While she knew that Light would never fall for Misa in any way, she had to tell him something that would make her wanting to get away less suspicious. And for some time now, she had an inkling of a thought that both she and Light were dancing along the borders between friendship and something more.

Her lips thinned.

She just couldn't decide if she wanted that or not.

    Unfortunately, as the two walked away, they didn't notice Misa's striking hazel eyes pin onto their forms. She had noticed that Rem seemed a little distracted since moments ago, and when following the Shinigami's gaze, imagine her surprise when spotting a boy with no lifespan.