四十八 | 𝐃𝐈𝐅𝐅𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

(Y/N) leaned against the wall of the bathroom that she knew Misa would be entering soon, her arms crossed and her eyes closed, thinking over the next few events that were to come. Misa still retained all of her memories of being the second Kira, so (Y/N) didn't have to worry about explaining anything to her, but there was still one thing that bothered her.

    Her eyes opened.

    Yeah.

    There's that problem, too.

    When the door opened to reveal Misa, her expression showing one of exhaustion, (Y/N) sent a small smile her way that immediately made the girl brighten. Immediately, she pulled (Y/N) in for a hug, snuggling into her shoulder, even.

    "Oh, this is exhausting, (Y/N)!" Misa whined as she pulled away, her eyes large and almost begging, in a way—like a puppy. "But so far, everything's going well! I'll make sure to keep it up, okay! Anyways, it looks like you were waiting for me... is something wrong?"

    "I never showed you my Shinigami, did I?" (Y/N) smirked as she touched Misa with a scrap pulled from Ryuk's notebook.

    Misa's eyes widened.

    And just like that, Ryuk was visible to her.

    "Hey, there," Ryuk greeted with a jagged-tooth grin. "How you doing?"

    "Oh, look at that," Misa blinked, her red lips curving upwards into a smile to return the Shinigami's look. "You're a completely different kind of Shinigami than Rem, aren't you? What's you're name? I'm Amane Misa, it's nice to meet you! Oh, I'm so glad you showed him to me, (Y/N)! Does this mean you trust me even more?"

    "Of course," she pet Misa's blonde hair. "And his name is Ryuk. You see, I gave a copy of his Death Note to the Yotsuba Kira. And the reason I've shown Ryuk to you now, is because when you return back to the room, the man sitting in front of him is Kira."

    "You... did all this?" Misa exclaimed, shocked.

    "To save both myself and you from L's persecution, I had to," (Y/N) stated.

    Rem's one yellow eye narrowed.

    "Oh, (Y/N)!" Misa hugged her again, making the other give her an awkward pat on the back while Ryuk gave a raspy chuckle. "Thank you for trusting me... and for saving me. You know, after that man killed my parents, I fought as hard as I could. When the court ruled in his favor, I wanted to give up my own life from how much it hurt. But then Kira... then you... gave me another chance at life when you avenged my parents' death. I will forever be in your debt and love you for that."

    (Y/N) instantly pulled away, shocked.

    "So... will you be my sister?" Misa then asked with clasped hands, staring up at the girl with clear adoration in her eyes. "Will you be my new family?"