十四 | 𝐆𝐀𝐌𝐄

꧁꧂

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

꧁꧂

"Hey," L called out to (Y/N) and Light as they all walked out of the building once the entrance ceremony was over, catching their attention immediately. "Uh... nice meeting you."

"Yeah, same here," Light responded, feeling anything but as his hands curled into fists within the pockets of his dress pants.

"Well, I guess I'll see you both on campus," L waved as he walked away and slid into the backseat of a limousine, many people gawking at the vehicle as a rather smartly-dressed older man with slicked back white hair and a prominent mustache started the car and drove away.

    (Y/N) let out a slow whistle.

    Light raised a brow at her.

"So L is smart, good-looking, and rich?" She smirked upwards at the boy, something a lot within her (E/C) gaze he couldn't quite put his finger on. "How can the world be so unfair?"

"I didn't think he was your type," Light commented with a slight tilt of his head.

"To say he's my type... well, I don't really have one. I just find some people attractive, and some not."

"What do you think about me then?" Light questioned, surprising her since even as he asked, his expression revealed a type of serious gravity that couldn't be pushed down.

"Why even ask me that when you're practically surrounded by girls vying for your favor?" (Y/N) merely mused, avoiding the question altogether it seemed, something that made Light's brow twitch in irritation—a fact he didn't really understand. "How you can tolerate them astounds me. Tell me, what's your secret?"

"It's just quite easy to tune people out."

"Do you tune me out?"

    "Now, why would I do that when our conversations are so entertaining?" He mused, his brown eyes glimmering in the soft light.

    She stared up at him.

    Then she looked away with a small chuckle.

    The two walked back to their respective homes together chatting just like they always did, nothing changing despite the fact that they were one year older and now in college. In fact, the two settled so easily back into their routine that it was almost strange to Light how accustomed he had grown to (Y/N)'s presence. And if he truly thought about it, if the Death Note hadn't fallen into his hands, he wasn't sure if he would've ever spoken to her.

    And because if that, he felt all the more satisfied with the notebook and its effects.

    The next morning, the first day of official attendance to To-Oh, Light met up with (Y/N) just as usual in front of their houses. However, one thing was substantially different: she looked much more tired than usual.