五十一 | 𝐅𝐎𝐂𝐔𝐒

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

"If (Y/N)'s theory is right, we'd need to create a situation where Higuchi will not be able to pass on his power to anyone else," L stated with his thumb to his lip after Wedy hung up on him, continuing to eye the sweet-filled silver tray with interest. "We'll have him show us how he kills."

    "So, what are you going to do?" Light queried, still a bit wary of the man.

"I'm going to trick Higuchi using Sakura TV."

"Like a hidden camera show!" Matsuda exclaimed enthusiastically, hands pumped into fists.

"Precisely," L nodded. "We'll use The Kira Special that Demegawa airs every week, booking a three hour time slot were we'll say that the identity of Kira will be aired at the end of specified special."

"Would anyone actually buy that though?" Matsu mused. "This is Sakura TV after all. For all we know, Higuchi might not even watch that program."

"We'll get Namikawa to call him and tell him to turn on the TV—that should be enough to get him to watch," Light added, glancing to Mastuda in agreement. "Higuchi will be convinced once he realizes that the special guest on TV is someone who knows his secret."

"Wouldn't that role be perfect for Matsuda then?" (Y/N) suggested with a finger to her lip, hoping to speed up the process of their plan. "The special guest needs to be someone Higuchi thinks he can kill, and if he believes that it was Misa's former agent who's files could probably still be located and was suspected of listening in on their meetings, he'd do everything in his power to stop him."

"That's right..." L proclaimed, smirking a bit at the genius of the idea as he held up a faint pink mochi treat, squeezing the confection between his fingers so that the frosting spilled from the sides. "We'll have Sakura TV use frosted glass and a voice filter to protect Matsuda's identity. However, Higuchi will soon realize from the announcements and silhouette that it's the agent, Taro Matsui. And just to make sure, we'll have the studio mess up and accidentally reveal your face from behind the frosted glass."

"Wow!" Misa yelped ecstatically, clasping her hands together. "Sounds exciting!"

"Until the show ends, the announcer will keep saying they'll reveal the full name of H, who's acting as Kira," L finally finished as he ate the mochi and licked his fingers.

"Higuchi would feel cornered and have no choice but to find out Matsuda's name as soon as possible if that's the case," Light summed up, placing a hand against his hip. "We can use that to anticipate his actions he'll take by then."

"Which means we'll witness his killing method," L murmured as he held up another mochi great. "After that, we arrest him. But... there is one potential problem with this plan though."