六十九 | 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐂𝐔𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

L knew that Light had feelings for (Y/N)—almost obsessively so. He knew since he felt the same way towards her, had consummated his love with her. So, he should have known that Light would try to do something to (Y/N) since it was obvious they were both obsessed with the same woman. Light stood up from the bed before stopping just in front of L, the two staring at each other with barely restrained anger and resentment.

(Y/N) exhaled softly.

She knew that this was all her fault.

That meant she also couldn't let it happen.

    "Light, Ryuzaki..." (Y/N) began as she stood up with them, her expression void of emotion. "I know what you're thinking... don't do it."

    "You could certainly understand why though," Light chuckled darkly.

    She knows.

    She knows that L and I feel the same—of my... feelings for her and what I would do for her. I hoped she would never see the part of me that shows how much she fills my thoughts, how she controls me, how much I need her.

I really wish she didn't.

But she does.

And now...

I don't have to hold back anymore.

    In that instance, Light let his mask of normalcy slip from his expression, and he finally revealed his true emotions to L for the first time since they had met—anger that burned hot, envy that darkened his soul, and corruption that had darkened his heart. It was truly a sight that astonished L to the point where he didn't notice the way Light pulled his fist back until it connected with his jaw. Stumbling backwards, reeling in shock, L wasn't able to avoid the second punch, nor the third one.

It was only until Light tried to strike a fourth blow did L duck down and kick out his leg to stroke the other square in the gut, forcing him backwards. (Y/N) pinched the bridge of her nose, exasperated.

These two...

    "What's the matter, (Y/N)?" L huffed, blowing a strand of his raven hair out of his face.

"I'm sorry?" She glanced up.

    "Despite the fact that we're fighting, despite the fact that we both have feelings for you, and despite the fact that Nakashima Rin is now dead... you seem far too calm about any of it," L murmured, his eyes immediately turning to Light who ran forward and grabbed him the collar to throw him to the floor.

    "...As much as I hate to admit it, he's right," Light agreed with a scowl as he watched L get back up in a crouch quickly after being thrown, his brown eyes darkening several shades. "(Y/N)... what is it about you? Since the moment we've actually had a conversation that day in high school, it's almost as if you could see everything that would unfold—that you knew exactly what we were thinking."