十一 | 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐕𝐄𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

    The next day at school, (Y/N) was currently sitting through the last lesson of the day, her foot tapping against the linoleum floor while her arms folded over her desk. And as soon as the bell rang, she packed up rather quickly so she could move towards the gate to meet up with Light, he already waiting for her to walk home together.

"Hey, Light," she waved with a bright smile. "Thanks for waiting."

    "Of course," he pushed himself off of the wall he was leaning against so they could walk side-by-side. "It would be rather boring walking by myself contrary to being able to converse with you."

"You flatter me."

"That's what I'm aiming for," he flashed her a rather charming smile that made her stiffen.

Damn.

He really is good-looking.

"Anyways, mind if I come over to study and have some dinner?" She cleared her throat, trying to shake herself of her rather distracting thoughts. "I was hoping for another one of your mother's home cooked meals. They're very good."

"I don't mind in the least," Light shook his head as they stepped up to his door.

He touched the handle.

Then he frowned.

"Something wrong?"

"No, I'm just surprised that no one is home yet," he said as he took out his key and smoothly proceeded to unlock the door, slipping his shoes off—as did (Y/N)—before heading upstairs to his room, touching the handle and immediately sensing something was off.

But, since (Y/N) was there, he couldn't investigate exactly what.

Deciding not to dwell on whomever had been in his room, he focused his sights on studying with (Y/N) as she had asked. It was obvious enough to him that she was extremely intellectual, understanding everything immediately after he explained it. Usually, it would take some amount of time and practice, yet with her, it was the exact opposite. He wondered why someone so unusual yet gifted like her sought out help from him, and the most conclusive answer he could think about was the obvious: she's curious about me.

Why, though, is the question.

She couldn't have figured out that I am Kira, for I have been far too cautious.

It can't be as vain as appearances.

So, what?