五十四 | 𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐇𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐃

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

Higuchi couldn't believe it.

    He was slumped in his seat after being cornered by not only a group of flashing police cars, but a helicopter holding a gunman that had shot out his tires, leaving his Porsche slammed up against the wall on the side of the road.

    He was surrounded.

    He had tried to get out of the situation by threatening to take his own life, but the gun that he had been about to use was shot out of his hand by that same gunman just as the helicopter touched to the ground, the blades slowly coming to a halt. There was nothing Higuchi could do about his situation as he grasped at his now wounded hand, sweat dripping down his forehead profusely.

    This was it.

    As those words resounded throughout Higuchi's mind, there was only one thing he could do.

    "Ryuk..." he mumbled softly, yet just loudly enough where the Shinigami could still hear from the backseat. "I willingly forfeit my ownership of the Death Note back to you."

    Ryuk's grin widened.

    Look at that.

    (Y/N)'s plan worked.

Snatching the fake Death Note from Higuchi's bag just as several officers exited their cars with helmets and guns raised, Ryuk slipped the notebook into his holder strapped to his hip before walking over to (Y/N) who was currently in the backseat of the helicopter with L, Light, and Watari. The two exchanged a glance, and both of their smiles could be described as anything but innocent.

Higuchi further slumped down over the wheel of his car, unconscious after losing his memories.

    (Y/N)'s smirk broadened.

    After I get back, I'm gonna have to reattach Ryuk's cover to the real Death Note pages before then burning the pages that Higuchi used.

    No evidence can be left behind.

    "Higuchi!" Soichiro shouted from where he stood several paces away from the red Porsche. "Put your hands above your head and get out of the car." When nothing but silence answered him, he took a step forward and shouted once more, "Higuchi! This is your final warning! If you do no step out of the vehicle at once, we will do so by force!"

    "Mr. Yagami, what is going on?" L asked from where he sat in the helicopter into his headset, pouring coffee from a thermos into a tea cup.

    "Higuchi isn't complying," Soichiro answered as he walked swiftly over to the vehicle, feeling bare since he currently didn't have a gun to defend himself with. "I'm moving to apprehend him." Then, to Aizawa, he said, "Cover me!"