八十 | 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

The year passed by quickly.

    During that time, neither L nor Light wanted to accept the fact that (Y/N) both had feelings for them. But then again, neither wanted to be the one to live without her, or be the one having to watch her be with another that wasn't them. So, begrudgingly, they allowed three-person dates—only known to them, of course—along with threesomes—L and Light only had their attention on her, and never each other because they refused to acknowledge the other's mere existence there.

She learned many things because of that.

L was more possessive.

He liked to watch her.

He liked to observe her reactions to certain things, her expressions when he pleased her, everything.

And just when he found out what she liked, he continued doing it over and over again in an almost obsessive manner. What's more, he liked to hold her close to him so she couldn't stray from his sight, much to dismay of Light. Because for Light, he would monopolize (Y/N), in a way. He loved nothing more than to sit her on his lap and whisper pleasant nothings and praises into her ear as he toyed with her hair or kissed down her neck. Of course, though, it was only in bed when such talk turned degrading.

While the three made sure to keep their rather polyamorous relationship a secret, others still viewed their odd dynamic as strange. This was because even though L and Light weren't obvious about their hatred for one another publicly, it was not hard to see their affection for (Y/N).

The idea of two men having to share one women wasn't something common.

It was rare, if not, no longer existing.

    But it was for them.

(Y/N) forced them to act pleasant around each other, at least when she and others were around, considering the fact that no one else knew about her relationship with either of them. Currently, she was sitting at her desk in her house while Light lay on her bed and L crouched on a small stool next to her. And although she wished for them to not act so hostile towards each other, it was an impossible ask, both of them merely glaring at one another whenever making eye contact.

She wanted to amend that.

Propping her head head, she flicked through the book that she had been reading, now too consumed with other thoughts to properly process the words that she was staring at.

I know that if they keep acting like this...

One of them will kill the other.

And to be honest, the whole reason I involved myself was to avoid that.