二十八 | 𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐊

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

"God, why is studying for this exam almost harder than the actual exam?" (Y/N) groaned as she sat beside Light later that same evening in his room after speaking with Rem, flicking her pencil around her fingers as she pretended to be struggling with a problem—in reality, she could solve it quite easily, but she didn't need the boy to know that. "Light, give me some of your mental power."

"I'm sure I have enough to spare for the both of us," he responded cockily and with a smile.

She scoffed at his answer.

"What?" He hummed at her reaction.

"You've sure gotten a lot more confident further into this year," she replied as she gave him a pointed look and smirk, then rolling his eyes when he only shrugged, as if saying that she was right. "Especially since L himself approached you to work on the case. Albeit because he suspected you as Kira, but even then, isn't that an honor in itself? He also said it himself that this case is the most elusive and interesting one he's been assigned."

"I'm both insulted and flattered, yeah," Light leaned back in his chair as he rolled his eyes up to the ceiling in thought.

"But...?"

"But, more so, I believe it's a good learning experience for me since I am studying to become a detective one day," he finished with a flourish of his hands, giving her a flat grin.

She chuckled.

It's ironic though, isn't it?

A mass murderer as law enforcement.

    Then again, most are often drawn to positions of power—a police officer being one of them.

Tuning back in to her study session, she then split her attention between that and the plan that she had come up with not even a few hours ago when speaking with Rem. It was one that was quite risky, but it was a risk she would be willing to take if it meant eliminating Misa as a suspect—for further down the road, it meant that L would also live. However, for such a plan to work, she needed to speak with Ryuk.

And as if fate were on her side, an opportunity presented itself when Light excused himself.

She turned to face Ryuk.

At first, he didn't believe that she could see him. But now, there was blatant proof right in front of his eyes, and he couldn't help but cackle. This girl was far more interesting than he initially thought.

"We don't have long, so I'm going to make this quick, Ryuk," she started with a gesture of her hand, forcing all of his attention onto her since everything about her and her interactions with Light was so intriguing to him. "And before you ask, yes, I know of your existence and the fact that Light is Kira. I've known from the very beginning since I touched a piece of the Death Note after Light did, and have been carrying it with me wherever I go."